david goldsboro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i found another one of my males moulting and hes finally mature

Last edited:

jmhendric

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I really have to get some subfusca what a fine lookin T:drool: The more pics I see the more I think it's becoming my favorite tarantula. I was really thinkin about ordering the highland from jacobi yours looks a little darker then most pics I have seen or it has been bad photos nice pics:D

david goldsboro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my p subfusca are all the lowland form , highland males dont have white patella , the 2 pictures are sub adult females from the same sac as the male thats just matured the femles have a 6 inch leg span and need another 2 moults before there ready for mating

Last edited:

brgn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know the "lowland" form is supposed to grow larger than the "normal" subfusca's, but at 6 inches I think they should be sexually mature. I would at least try one of them with the male and see how she responds to him.

Robert

david goldsboro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know the "lowland" form is supposed to grow larger than the "normal" subfusca's, but at 6 inches I think they should be sexually mature. I would at least try one of them with the male and see how she responds to him.

Robert
I have already tried 2 of them with a old male and no response at all , my adult female is huge i mean the size of a adult female p rufilata :D

Last edited:

brgn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just mated 2 "normal" females myself, both of them around 6 inches. And I know people have used even smaller females than this for breeding. Just a little surprised that the "lowland" form have to get so much bigger before they are mature. Also have 2 "lowland" females, but they are only around 4 inches yet. So still some time before they are mature then.

Robert

david goldsboro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good luck with the normal subfusca mating i hope it works out for you , i to have mated young pokies some at 10 months old around 4.5 inch and had fertile sacs from them thats why i thought these would be breedable 6 inch i left them together for over 2 weeks the male tapped every night but the females was not interested that i thought was strange too , i will try them again when they moult but i do think they need another 2 moults before they will mate they are 10 months old now , i did have a normal p subfusca female but like a muppet i swapped in for a adult female black p metallica :wall: :wall: i wish i had kept her as the common highland form are my favorate pokie