Subadult B. Mendica missing it's front right leg, anything I can do to make his next molt easier?

Transrights

Arachnosquire
As stated above, my thistle mantis lost one of it's front legs last week in a molt (Not a raptorial forearm). I suspected he might loose it as he was seemingly "limping" with that leg previously but it was still a surprise to see him completely loose it.

While I'm happy the little tripod made it through that molt ok, I'm a bit more worried about the next one, as he might not properly be able to hold on. He's currently housed in a dry 20x20x20 cm cube with plastic mesh on top and some twigs on the side of the enclosure as climbing branches for him and his food.

Anything I can do to increase his chances of making it?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
What are your temps? I know these guys like it hot. Mine were kept in the 90s if I remember. It has been about 6 years, Since I have kept them.

Transrights

Arachnosquire
What are your temps? I know these guys like it hot. Mine were kept in the 90s if I remember. It has been about 6 years, Since I have kept them.
Hot enough. I did a quick measuring once and under the hotspot it reached 35-40C. He has access to a temp gradient as he shares a heat lamp with another mantis in an adjacent cage. I also spray a tiny amount of water once a week so he has the chance to drink. But not too much as they don't do well with humidity, apparently.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah I don’t even think I ever misted mine. It could have just been nature.

Transrights

Arachnosquire
Yeah I don’t even think I ever misted mine. It could have just been nature.
Probably was nature. Sometimes things just happen, because he definitely didn't loose his leg due to handling. The last time I handled him was when I just got him, i.e. around Sept/Oct and he's had a few molts since then.

The slight misting (i.e. a few droplets on the side of the enclosure) was recommended to me by an experienced breeder so I decided to follow that. Actually saw him drinking a few droplets once. But yeah generally species from dry areas are specialized to intake their moisture from the prey they feed on.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
He/ll be fine. I had a subadult polyspiloata female molt to adult while missing a leg. Just provide a good enough molting surface and ample heat and humidity. If it was the raptorial foreleg, I'd be more concerned.