Sub adult A. bogotensis

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
She molted last night some time she's close if not 4" legspan 1.25" body she may have one or two molts left yet one for sure

Good grief these things are built like tanks.

Attachments

andy1997

Arachnopeon
I almost bought a bunch of these, but I decided against it. What are they like to raise?

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They are fun and they grow fast I got her in October last year and shes about 4 inches leg span .

She molted about weekly the first month I had her than twice a month now monthly since January.

Hard to say for sure if she is done growing but more than likely has another molt to go maybe 2 I'll post pics if she molts again which would make her massive in size overall with the bulk they have females of course.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice size on yours. Mine is barely 2.5" legspan max. Was molting monthly until mid last year. Hasn't molted since so I figured she matured.

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are these wicked fast like other Ctenids and fishing spiders? I’ve never owned any of these but definitely on my list. In addition to leg span they also look nice and bulky.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
View media item 68310Here's one I took a couple of months ago. The white markings on her metatarsi are already gone.

She's pretty looking nice markings I guess I never new they matured at 2.5 inches? has she produced a ghost sac?

Most of the fishing spiders do produce egg sacs once mature even though these are in the family s me point.

My phoneutrias did.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Are these wicked fast like other Ctenids and fishing spiders? I’ve never owned any of these but definitely on my list. In addition to leg span they also look nice and bulky.

I guess mine is fairly fast I don't have her in final setup so she doesn't have tons of room to test her speed.

They are bulky she's almost as heavy built as a average tarantula same size

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If you dont mind me asking who did you buy her from?

I'm just comparing the pic of yours to mine and there markings are way different maybe because of size differences or the location they were collected that can matter a lot.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She's pretty looking nice markings I guess I never new they matured at 2.5 inches? has she produced a ghost sac?

Most of the fishing spiders do produce egg sacs once mature even though these are in the family s me point.

My phoneutrias did.
No ghost sacs. Her enclosure is in a separate room kept at room temperature. Was waiting for her to molt before upgrading but it's been about 8 months.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
After looking around online a bit, looks like mine may be Ancylometes cf. bogotensis 'Nicaragua'. Photos of adults look similar in size and coloration to mine.

Ok wow locality if mine is Colombia.