Question Stupid questions

Insectopia

Arachnopeon
A bit of a stupid question but how do you change your name and rank colour?
Also is there a way to fix the quality of the photos uploaded? I’ve got decent photos but when uploaded they look horrible.

Thanks,
David

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Custom rank is under "personal details" and changing name colour is under "preferences".

If you mean actually changing your username then that's under "account upgrades" and you have to pay $5.

Untitled.png

Insectopia

Arachnopeon
Custom rank is under "personal details" and changing name colour is under "preferences".

If you mean actually changing your username then that's under "account upgrades" and you have to pay $5.

View attachment 277992
Thanks a lot. I found the name colours but when I press save it doesn’t seem to work. Also I meant rank colour like your Arachnosupporter

Insectopia

Arachnopeon
All resolved except for picture quality and signature. When I upload a picture with decent quality is decreases it and the signature doesn’t seem to work. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
All resolved except for picture quality and signature. When I upload a picture with decent quality is decreases it and the signature doesn’t seem to work. Any help appreciated.
The signature thing might be a glitch/error so I can't really say.

I know that images are resized when you upload them if they exceed the pixel cap (I think it's rank based, I've just checked and I'm apparently limited to 1920x1920 pixels for post uploads and 1440x1440 pixels for gallery uploads).

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What exactly are you trying to make for your signature? It looks like you've already edited it.

Concerning your photos, it doesn't appear that you've uploaded anything to the gallery yet. Upload something there and tag me again so I can see what's going on. The site has had some issues as of late, and this may be a side effect.

Insectopia

Arachnopeon
What exactly are you trying to make for your signature? It looks like you've already edited it.

Concerning your photos, it doesn't appear that you've uploaded anything to the gallery yet. Upload something there and tag me again so I can see what's going on. The site has had some issues as of late, and this may be a side effect.
I meant avatar photo, the quality decreases when uploaded. The signature doesn’t appear on any of my posts

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I meant avatar photo, the quality decreases when uploaded. The signature doesn’t appear on any of my posts
That's probably an unavoidable side effect of avatar size being limited to 96x96 pixels.

If the image you're uploading is already that small, and the quality is better, perhaps try saving it as a PNG image and then uploading. (JPG compression varies in amount of quality lost.)

Insectopia

Arachnopeon
That's probably an unavoidable side effect of avatar size being limited to 96x96 pixels.

If the image you're uploading is already that small, and the quality is better, perhaps try saving it as a PNG image and then uploading. (JPG compression varies in amount of quality lost.)
Thank you, what about the signature?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
The box is ticked but I can’t see it
I'm not sure what else would cause that (except maybe the mobile version), but it's definitely there.

Stupid questions.png

Try logging out, clearing your cookies and cache, and logging back in?