Stung by Centruroides exilicauda in finger, neck...

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sort of embarrassing... You can check out the sting report in the sting forum.

bill

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Hehehehe. It could have been worse, I suppose.

Anyhow, I moved your report to the sting forum.

Cheers,
Dave

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It must have effected you more severely than you thought!!:rolleyes: ;P

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Hehehehe. It could have been worse, I suppose.

Anyhow, I moved your report to the sting forum.

Cheers,
Dave
And I edited his post above to say sting forum :)

Hope you're okay Bill

Scott

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Heh, yes I think it was entirely the venom talking! I could never have made such an error in my 'normal' state, right? LOL

Thanks, I feel OK today. A little groggy (overslept which is probably a good thing) and my left middle finger and part of my hand still tingles... But itsn't overly stiff. My neck feels OK.

Could definitely have been worse! The scorp is doing fine, too (even though he got flicked off fairly hard, since he kept stinging me and was sort of clinging to my neck and part of my shirt).

Thanks for the well-wishes.

bill

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't want that C. exilicauda! (emphasis on that) It's prolly missing some legs now. *lol* Well, I'm glad you are OK cause that neck sting could've turned into something much worse of it would've been in the really wrong spot.

Will be in touch soon.

adios,
edw. :D

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Agreed - the neck site was the reason I went to the ER, otherwise I'd not have been too concerned. My guess is that the neck wasn't a heavy envenomation, because the finger throbbed and tingled much more than the neck sting area (I also got stung there at least 2 or 3 times, and I think it only got me once in the neck).

Anyway, all better now. Just very slight pins & needles when I rub my middle finger a certain way. Same with my neck. The tetanus shot they gave me in my left arm hurts more than the exilicauda sting! LOL

The little guy is OK, I think it might have lost part of one leg. Ah well, I guess we did a little damage to each other. My stupidity for not paying attention to my deli cups, but that's venom under the bridge. :D

bill