stuffy enclosure help

Trevis

Arachnopeon
Guys,how to know if my sling enclosure is too stuffy?for now i drop few drop water into the substrate and half is dry....i got reqlly tiny 12 hole at the cap....

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
If this is your C. darlingi enclosure, don't moisten the substrate and then this isn't an issue.

Post a picture, we'd be able to tell you if it's enough ventilation.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
If mold starts growing it is definitely too stuffy. But yeah, need to know what species and a photo is best. Describing an enclosure and the interior conditions accurately is difficult at best.

Trevis

Arachnopeon
If mold starts growing it is definitely too stuffy. But yeah, need to know what species and a photo is best. Describing an enclosure and the interior conditions accurately is difficult at best.
Nope no mold so far...i think sling sometimes love climbing...maybe i think too much...

Trevis

Arachnopeon
If this is your C. darlingi enclosure, don't moisten the substrate and then this isn't an issue.

Post a picture, we'd be able to tell you if it's enough ventilation.
Nope..this.is.not about.my darlingi,my darlingi just eat this morning after.one day hanging side of the cup...

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Nope no mold so far...i think sling sometimes love climbing...maybe i think too much...
So, we don't get to know the species? We need more info if we're to help you. And, ideally, pictures.

Non-arboreal slings climbing is not normal. That C. darlingi should be burrowing, not climbing the sides.

Trevis

Arachnopeon
So, we don't get to know the species? We need more info if we're to help you. And, ideally, pictures.

Non-arboreal slings climbing is not normal. That C. darlingi should be burrowing, not climbing the sides.
I got this b.klassi 1cm sling...sometimes i see it on ground and sometimes climbing...it just like half aboreal and half terrestrial....maybe im too paranoid...

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yeah lots of things can be used...a dry leaf can be just fine, too. The day I go out to buy a sling hide, just take me out back and shoot me, cause it means I've given up on life.:p
No, my favorite is the novel idea of using Monopoly houses for water dishes. Sure, yeah, let's take parts from a very expensive board game and muck them up with spider feces and dirt. Let's make them so small that they can't be washed while we're at it.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Yeah lots of things can be used...a dry leaf can be just fine, too. The day I go out to buy a sling hide, just take me out back and shoot me, cause it means I've given up on life.:p
I buy those super cheap cork rounds at pet stores and hobby stores. then I smash them with a hammer = super cheap hides for literally 30+ slings per cork piece

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
No, my favorite is the novel idea of using Monopoly houses for water dishes. Sure, yeah, let's take parts from a very expensive board game and muck them up with spider feces and dirt. Let's make them so small that they can't be washed while we're at it.
What about when you have an obsessive brother who holds onto everything? We have 20 or so monopoly boards.. only 1 gets used, maybe twice a year.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What about when you have an obsessive brother who holds onto everything? We have 20 or so monopoly boards.. only 1 gets used, maybe twice a year.
The last time I played Monopoly, I got into a literal fist fight. True story.

Gram Gram punches like a wuss.
(not so true story)

MoonWeaver

Arachnopeon
No one in my house, besides me, likes Monopoly. When the kids were younger, they used the money to "play store/house/whatever," so I was left with a Monopoly game sans money. For me, the repurposing of houses/hotels as sling water dishes works wonderfully. I just use a cotton swab to clean them and a syringe to fill them. If they get too dirty, I throw them away. They weren't being used for the game, anyway. ;)