Stuff on T's Abdomen

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This is my adult female B.Smithi, hopefully it is clear enough for a diagnosis. Ive been told this is tarantula dandruff but id rather get those opinions again after you've seen the spider. Maybe someone can tell me for sure what this is. Hopefully my attachment works.:)

Attachments

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know but my blood leg has that on her ab to.:D ;) :)

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
SPIDEYS HINEY

may I ask, what is in her water ??? And could the gook on her butt maybe be subtrate (although I supose U could tell) or a collection of clumped up urticating hairs ?? Id think that aslong as this stuff on her rump wasnt ALIVE it cant hurt her can it ??:?

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

That is one fat spider :)

I cant see the spot very well, but from what i can tell it looks like either a bald spot, a parasite, or some sort of calcification(Scar tissue or callous).

maybe we can get a more thorough description?

-V

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The stuff in the bottom of her water dish is dirt she kicks in there, i clean it out often compleatly, that picture made her water dish look horrible LOL it doesnt look like that at all the waterdoesnt even look clear (which it is of course) and the other thing is a piece of slate so the crickets don't drown. The stuff on her abdomen is grey "lint" like fuzz, it is not substrate or a balt spot. I will try to provide a better picture when she stops climbing the cage, she thinks she is aboreal and falls often she tries (dont worry she cant fall more than a few inches it doesnt hurt her) The humidity is 40% so i dont think it is mold and looks benign so i dont think it is fungus. I think the conclusion i will come to is it is tarantula dandruff mixed with kicked off hairs that got caught up in her existing hairs, and it will go away next molt anyways.

Thanks,

Mark