Stuff on scorpions tail?

Saphiel

Arachnopeon
Please help! My scorpion was in the care of my family since I was gone and when I got back there was stuff on his tail? What is it and how can I get it off? IMG_20220517_083746258.jpg

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
looks like poop to me. if the animal's behaviour is normal I wouldn't worry about it. I'm more concerned about the fact that it's hanging out in the water dish - that often indicates that the environment is too dry.

Saphiel

Arachnopeon
looks like poop to me. if the animal's behaviour is normal I wouldn't worry about it. I'm more concerned about the fact that it's hanging out in the water dish - that often indicates that the environment is too dry.
Thank you, I'll fix that.

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's highly possible the scorpion was drinking... just look at the right chelicerae.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
It's highly possible the scorpion was drinking... just look at the right chelicerae.
I’ve literally never seen my Heterometrus drink (and I do watch them a lot at night). Others far more experienced in here have also expressed that Heterometrus in a sufficiently moist environment rarely drink from water dishes.
I didn’t say the environment is definitely too dry - it’s impossible to tell from the photo (though there does seem to be a little lump of apparently bone dry substrate in the lower right), just that it’s frequently the case that a drinking Heterometrus is in a too-dry environment.