Stuck with a scorpion!

L

Lord Union

My neighbor got evicted and my gf and I took in his scorpion for what was supposed to be a day. Well he has not come back in almost a week and this thing is freaky. I am not going to feed it--he has it in a small plastic case and I know it has not had water or food since Wed. Can I bring it somewhere so that it wont die. I dont want it but dont want it to die either.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
You could always find a pet store that sells inverts...depends on where you live. They typically eat 3-5 crickets per week and most need some type of water dish....If its an emperor scorpion it definitely needs water.

Is it your basic 3-5 inch long large black slightly shiny scorpion?

John
];')

L

Lord Union

I it fairly good sized and black. It has a long tail/stinger. I really dont want to see it die I will have to get it to a pet store asap I will call around tomorrow. They have it in a small plastic case in a open top aquarium. Can it climb up 13" vertical climb?

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Sounds like an emperor scorp...can't climb but will need some humidity...scorps can go one or two months w/o feeding if need be but should be fed once a week.

John
];')

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You sould get it a five or ten gallon tank with a lid and keep it as a pet. Emps are very calm and make great pets. You would have a good time sitting and watching it eat a cricket. If you still don't feel the warm fuzzy feeling in your heart that I do for scorpions then I would go with Kugellager's advice and take to your local invert selling pet store.