Stuck in Molt

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a 3" P Pederseni that is stuck in a molt, it has a couple of its legs stuck, but the legs are at least halfway out, its been about 15 hours, what should I do, she is alive.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can you take a Q-tip and get the parts that are stuck wet enough to help the T out of the molt?

If not.. You could pinch its legs at a joint and make her drop them..

It will grow the legs back.. So it might save the critters life..

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im using a q-tip right now, trying to help her get them out, its multiple legs stuck, at least 3.

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it looks like she detached the 2 legs closer to the abdomen on her right side too.

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well this isnt looking good, i had to cut up her enclosure to get her out( didn't have enough space to work with, she has 2 legs on her right side stuck and the other 2 are bended backwards, it was like this when I noticed her, I guess they got caught somewhere, and she has 2 legs on her left side stcuk as well, I have her out of the enclosure and on a moist paper towel and have an ICU ready as well, hopefully I can help her get her legs out.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a P. ornata completely stuck in a molt.. Fangs, palps, & all legs were stuck.. After hours of working with him.. I got every part of him out of the molt.. He is still alive with every part of him still attached..

I had to manually bend one of his fangs back down.. It was slightly bent upwards.. I took a tooth pick and gently pushed it back to where it looked normal..

I placed him in an ICU with a waterdish.. Left him there for several days.. After about a week.. I offered him his first meal.. He took it.. Left him in the ICU until he took a second meal.. The set him free in his home..

Best of luck with yours.. :eek:

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i got all her legs out, she doesnt look good though, she messed up some of her legs while she was struggling to molt inside her container, I have her in an ICU, hopefully she'll make it.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well i got all her legs out, she doesnt look good though, she messed up some of her legs while she was struggling to molt inside her container, I have her in an ICU, hopefully she'll make it.
If you have not done it yet.. Put its mouth in a water dish.. This is very much needed right now... It made a big difference with my ornata..

*Edit* Can you post pictures?

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah, she started to drink some water right away, here is her in her ICU, I hope she makes it, she was my first pokie and my first T to have molting problems.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If she does OK, you can try prekilled food after she hardens.. I hope all goes well.

She looks better than what one of my P.irminia looked like after molt, sadly.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Yea, that looks better than what Rednecks did when he got his out (if I remember right) but now, you almost can't even tell other than a slight twitch it developed. Most likely from the molt and not being able to stretch properly. Hoping she pulls through, she is a beaut ;)

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, shes still decently active, i made sure she to drink some water today and ill try feeding her in about 4 days, hopefully she eats, is she going to detach her messed up legs or molt with them like that?

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, shes still decently active, i made sure she to drink some water today and ill try feeding her in about 4 days, hopefully she eats, is she going to detach her messed up legs or molt with them like that?
Honestly, I'd wait longer than that to feed her. You want to be sure her fangs are hardened so she doesn't break one.

The rule I try to go by is if the fangs are completely black again, then I feed.

If they're still pink/red, I wait.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Give it a week. My 3" P. ornata girl didnt take food for at least a week. And she molted perfectly. I hope your T shapes up. If it feels the need it will autonomize the limbs by its self. Good luck!