stuck help!!!!!!!!

beckykrohn

Arachnopeon
my asian forest scorpion is stuck in it's molt... we had one pass away already and don't want this one to die as well. it started molting sometime yesterday night, and when i checked on it this morning it's in the exact same spot it was and hasn't made any progress. i amped up the humidity in it's tank hoping it would help last night but it hasn't. i have since moved it to an icu container.... i am aware that you should NEVER move anything molting but i have no other way to get the humidity high enough. it is still alive and trying to fight the other molt so for now that's good but i don't know what else if anything i can do for it.

ScorpionObsession

Arachnosquire
i wouldnt try and help them out. i tried to help one of my baby scorpions out of a molt he got stuck in and he bled to death. the other one that got stuck i decided to leave and he ended up just losing his claw and he is doing fine almost a month later

voldemort

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
check false bottom setup for forest type scorpions, it really helps with the humidity needed especially for molting.

hope your scorp is now ok

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've gotten them unstuck but you have to of course be very careful and take you time. I use a needle and the strongest reading glasses I could find. Then move the needle under the old exo, pull up, breaking it in small sections, down legs, chela, etc. Takes a long time but I've saved several that way, even after they've been stuck for a while. The stuck parts are often deformed from being stuck too long and don't work very well, sooner the fix the better when it happens.

Insertcoolnamehere

Arachnopeon
I am so nervous about this myself, I am new to the hobby and have had my Asian forest scorpion for about a month now. Anyway it's exoskeleton is turning dull I've had some say it's about to molt but it looks skinny my profile pic is scorpion. I admit I do have problems maintaining humidity it seems like my heat pad doesn't want to raise it I'm between 65-72% even after misting and full water dish. So I'm worried,.,

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I am so nervous about this myself, I am new to the hobby and have had my Asian forest scorpion for about a month now. Anyway it's exoskeleton is turning dull I've had some say it's about to molt but it looks skinny my profile pic is scorpion. I admit I do have problems maintaining humidity it seems like my heat pad doesn't want to raise it I'm between 65-72% even after misting and full water dish. So I'm worried,.,
If the Scorpion is an adult then it will not molt again. Scorpions do not molt once they are fully grown.