Stromatopelma calceatum

Status
Not open for further replies.

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
do u like S. calceatum?

does it fear u to have one in your collection?

have u ever got bit by a S. calceatum?

are they any other Stromatopelma genus/species ?:D

I only found out S. calceatum

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you are asking these questions then you most likely don't need one.

Oh and I loved my S. cal. But I didn't take the needed precautions and it escaped during a rehousing about a month ago, still haven't found it to this day.

Never been bit, and I am not sure if there are any other Stromatapelma species available right now in the hobby. I have never heard of them if they are. Hopefully someone more experienced than I can chime in on this part.

Last edited:

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First off, at least make some sort of attempt at using proper grammar. Please!

Calceatums are wonderful spiders. If you know how to care for arboreal Ts, why not get one? Fearing one in a collection is unheard of. If you are afraid of tarantulas, then a calceatum isn't the best start. Otherwise, it's a good species to keep and I would recommend it.

In comparison, I do prefer the Heteroscodra maculata. But, that's me. Of course, no collection is considered "complete" without at least one of each. ;)

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Calceatums are wonderful spiders. If you know how to care for arboreal Ts, why not get one? Fearing one in a collection is unheard of. If you are afraid of tarantulas, then a calceatum isn't the best start. Otherwise, it's a good species to keep and I would recommend it.

In comparison, I do prefer the Heteroscodra maculata. But, that's me. Of course, no collection is considered "complete" without at least one of each. ;)
If you knew what this, I'm guessing child because of the grammar, has said in other forums you would not be encouraging him to get a S. cal.

Last edited:

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire

are you a english teacher if not stop being ......?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

If you knew what this, I'm guessing child because of the grammar, has said in other forums you would not be encouraging him to a S. cal.
are you an english teacher?

go to my account before u replied?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
are you an english teacher?

go to my account before u replied?
No, I am just a human being who enjoys the english language and does not like to see it butchered.

What does your account tell me? Did I miss something? It says you have a lot of old world species. In another thread it was very clear that you did not know the difference between genus and species which makes me think that you are new to the hobby. I'm not really insulting you in anyway, I am just making obvious points. I just would rather this hobby not head in the direction that the Herp hobby is headed.

Edited.

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
No, I am just a human being who enjoys the english language and does not like to see it butchered.

What does your account tell me? Did I miss something? It says you have a lot of old world species. In another thread it was very clear that you did not know the difference between genus and species which makes me think that you are new to the hobby. I'm not really insulting you in anyway, I am just making obvious points. I just would rather this hobby not head in the direction that the Herp hobby is headed.

Edited.
u think that I'm new to the hobby. New hobbyist don't collect old world genus/species. If I'm a new to the hobby I won't collect old world species

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I don't know about that i know of few new to the hobby who have gotten OW T's.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
u think that I'm new to the hobby. New hobbyist don't collect old world genus/species. If I'm a new to the hobby I won't collect old world species
They can? What is stopping them from keeping OW species other than people giving advice out? I personally would think that a Pokie would be a great starter tarantula for someone that had some kind of experience with at least some exotics as long as they do not plan on handling.

If you get bit, take responsibility. I just don't want this hobby to end up like the Herp hobby as I stated previously.

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
They can? What is stopping them from keeping OW species other than people giving advice out? I personally would think that a Pokie would be a great starter tarantula for someone that had some kind of experience with at least some exotics as long as they do not plan on handling.

If you get bit, take responsibility. I just don't want this hobby to end up like the Herp hobby as I stated previously.
My first T's was a B. emilia and Avic avic, because I want to start out terrestrial and aboreal. I bought them at the same time or day

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I love pokie and baboon too

even blufang :D

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
S. calceatum was covered recently in this forum, its worth searching it out, its less than a month old.
There are 5 species within the Stromatopelma genus:
S. batesi, S. calceatum, S. calceatum griseipes, S. fumigatum, S. pachypoda and S. satanas, however Ive not seen any other species in the hobby.

IF you have H. maculata you're experienced enough to deal with S. calceatum but if that's something you've put down to impress people I suggest you question your motives. You certainly act like someone new to the hobby. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, people will help to give you the information they also asked when they started the hobby. We're all beginners, we're all still learning (A. Smith) so don't be embarrassed by that. You'll find more help in your honesty too.

btw, the bluefang (E. cyanognathlus) is neither related to the pokie or baboon families, infact it doesn't come from the same continent, and its not an OW species. Its found in South America

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
S. calceatum was covered recently in this forum, its worth searching it out, its less than a month old.
There are 5 species within the Stromatopelma genus:
S. batesi, S. calceatum, S. calceatum griseipes, S. fumigatum, S. pachypoda and S. satanas, however Ive not seen any other species in the hobby.

IF you have H. maculata you're experienced enough to deal with S. calceatum but if that's something you've put down to impress people I suggest you question your motives. You certainly act like someone new to the hobby. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, people will help to give you the information they also asked when they started the hobby. We're all beginners, we're all still learning (A. Smith) so don't be embarrassed by that. You'll find more help in your honesty too.

btw, the bluefang (E. cyanognathlus) is neither related to the pokie or baboon families, infact it doesn't come from the same continent, and its not an OW species. Its found in South America
did I said that blufang is OW species or in baboon and pokies family?

oh yeah I have a S. calceatum and I want to know how many people have them
I'm not embrassased and I know

also why would I become embress from collecting T's

why would I impress people by having S.calceatum? think man think

go to the people who have P. metallica they are the one that are impressing people lol

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have thought, and I have read, and its my belief that your use of the written word belies your knowledge.

It says you have P. metallica in your profile?
Could you show us a pic of your P. bara, and provide us some background info on this one please.
Of course I could be completely wrong, it doesnt matter tbh.

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
I have thought, and I have read, and its my belief that your use of the written word belies your knowledge.

It says you have P. metallica in your profile?
Could you show us a pic of your P. bara, and provide us some background info on this one please.
Of course I could be completely wrong, it doesnt matter tbh.
yeah, I got a P. metallica from my parent's and it still a sling:D

I don't have a camera

I have a cellphone, but the image or pic quality are bad

My P. bara(lowland) is still a sling

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
From the list in your profile you have not collected much. If most are slings how have you gathered your vast knowledge? I'm fairly new myself and would really like to learn what you know. Are P. metallicas some big deal or what? And can you teach me to type like you ? It's awesome Dude.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Derpa derpa... Wait... What? Oh look a shiney object......

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
From the list in your profile you have not collected much. If most are slings how have you gathered your vast knowledge? I'm fairly new myself and would really like to learn what you know. Are P. metallicas some big deal or what? And can you teach me to type like you ? It's awesome Dude.
I like to learn more about T's then u do too:D

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
Someone in this thread reminds me of Corky. At first he's just annoying, but now he makes me laugh and becomes a constant source of amusement.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Someone in this thread reminds me of Corky. At first he's just annoying, but now he makes me laugh and becomes a constant source of amusement.
At first you try to help and you get eye full of mouth back and then you quickly learn to who don't take seriously and don't feed them and stop communicating with them.
They become bored very quick and go play somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.