Stromatopelma calceatum V.S. Thrigmopoeas truculentus

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
okay guys I am just back from archnocon 2007 and i am already looking for my next T. Stromatopelma calceatum and Thrigmopoeas truculentusThese are the two species that i am looking at if anyone could give me any information about these T's (what there habits are, do they stay out in plain sight how fast do they grow and over all enjoyment of the tarantula.)

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
okay guys I am just back from archnocon 2007 and i am already looking for my next T. Stromatopelma calceatum and Thrigmopoeas truculentusThese are the two species that i am looking at if anyone could give me any information about these T's (what there habits are, do they stay out in plain sight how fast do they grow and over all enjoyment of the tarantula.)
Both species are pretty reclusive and they both web alot. As a rule of thumb I just feed them and watch it disappear through the webbed hole the tarantula chooses to pop out of.

Stromatopelma calceatum are medium to fast growers .5" - 2.25" in one year IME

Thrigmopoeus truculentus I'm unsure of the growth rate because mine that I bought as spiderlings 2 months ago grew from 1" - 1.25" IME

I recommend both to keepers that like speed because both can be quite quick when disturbed and are definitely not for the beginner.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And S calceatum ranks in the top venomous Ts!!!

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
supposedly S calceatum is both extremely fast and very strong venom for a T.
I dont have one yet, but have been thinking about one.