Striped Devil questions

Chris Nelson

Arachnopeon
There isn't a lot of info about these little guys, but I'm planning on getting a few. The little I could find around the internet says they are very active/feisty and can be communal. My wife is a bit nervous about the whole deal, since I met her after I got rid of Pokey. He was a Desert Hairy. Anyways, I'm looking for some care info or advise.

My plan is to get 3 of them and a death feigning beetle if the scorps are adult for cleanup. I have a 10 gallon tank with a couple inches of sand/coconut mix in case they decide to burrow set up and drying. A few hiding spots are on order. I was hoping to put a small 8 or 16 watt heating pad on the tank and not bother with a heat lamp since they seem tolerant of normal room temps.

• How often do they typically eat and how much?
  • If I end up with a breeding pair, do pet shops typically take the babies? I really don't want to be their mom.
  • What's the best food? I mostly did crickets and whatever I could catch outside the house before, but I'm thinking of doing meal worms at least sometimes.
  • Where is good to get them from? Local shops only have the typical scorps if that. I was leaning towards this: http://www.kenthebugguy.com/vaejovis-spinigerus-hoffmannius-striped-devil-scorp/

Thanks

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
Assuming you mean Paravaejovis spinigerus?

- Don't keep them together. They have very strong feeding responses and are proven cannibalistic.
- No need for the beetles. They won't make a mess.
- Cocofiber + Sand is good but excavator clay with premade hides is better.
- Send me the babies lol
- Feeding wild food isn't ideal. I feed Turkmenistan roaches. They never refuse food.
- Room temperature is great as they often live at high elevation but in the desert. Don't need heat mat or lamp.
- They're widely available. Just make sure you don't accidentally end up with Chihuahuanus coahuilae, they are often sold as P. spinigerus.