Stridulating tarantulas?

natebugman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What species of tarantulas can stridulate? I have a decent collection but never heard any of them do it.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her). The rest is something between heresy, her servants, or cheap copies.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My T. stirmi stridulates when she's unhappy with me - like when I have to move her cage.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Believe it or not, most species have the ability to stridulate. Though none do so as much as Pelinobius, Monocentropus, Selenocosmia, Harpactira and Pterinochilus.

There are many NW with the organs but without reports using them

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Ceratogyrus, Augacephalus can be added to abovementioned.
But like @chrispetrie said, type it in YouTube, it is fascinating to watch and hear. Different species have different ways to stridulate :)

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Defensive ;) My 5.5" rufilata tried the other day while hanging upside down giving me a threat pose. My Encyocratella olivacea have as well under 1.5", good times lol

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Believe it or not, most species have the ability to stridulate. Though none do so as much as Pelinobius, Monocentropus, Selenocosmia, Harpactira and Pterinochilus.

There are many NW with the organs but without reports using them
Id like to add Xenesthis to your list I have several. The 2 that are more skittish stridulate every time I open the lid. It's preferable to kicking hairs at me. That's never fun.

Corcor

Arachnopeon
My Chilobrachys sp kaeng krachan did it when I rehoused used her...good times lol

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Listen carefully when a Brachypelma boehmei kicks hairs at you