Stressed tarantula Sericopelma rubronitens

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Hola Caroline

First your T doesn’t need to be in noiseless or lightless box.

While switching substrate is fine, I don’t think that’s the issue- I could be wrong. Ts are highly adaptable generally so I doubt the sub is the issue here.
In this case, it could be the reason xD, wood chips with a lot of splinters isn't the ideal substrate. Check the images!

@sunsetcaroline do not take it like an attack or offense please! We are here to help, t teach and learn from each others!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In this case, it could be the reason xD, wood chips with a lot of splinters isn't the ideal substrate. Check the images!

@sunsetcaroline do not take it like an attack or offense please! We are here to help, t teach and learn from each others!
I saw the pics hah. All I’m saying is I’ve seen worse and Ts doing OK under less than optimal conditions.

I’m glad it’s doing better!

sunsetcaroline

Arachnopeon

Yes, thank you all for the help you've been providing. :D Every point of view counts! I get now how wrong the substrate was for it (since Sonne looks actually more relaxed), and I'm glad there are people willing to help and give advice for our first T's ;)