Stressed GBB (Adult Female 4")

49ers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looking for some advise,

I got this girl for 2 months now, she's always in a stress curl and haven't eat in the 2 months I had her.

I also have another smaller GBB, similar but smaller enclosure and has been doing great, always eating and always hanging out in the open.

See picture for reference below.

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Your enclosures are all too small. I recommend a rehouse to a larger enclosure.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Enclosure is not great. Send one so we can see sub level... It's def too small. These guys like to roam imo. Terrestrial but like levels. Give it some cork bark on angles for anchor points. A bit of fake plant, water dish and you're away

49ers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
also should I wait until she eats to change her enclosure or just do it now?
She hasn't eaten in 2 months so I worried that it will take too much energy for her to web up her new place

Baby T

Arachnoknight
IMG_20200809_220812_9.jpg
This is mine
She's about 4 inches. Never been happier when I rehoused her to this. Explores loads. There's 2 cork barks on opposites, has webbed from either side!
I would rehoused sooner rather than later, more vulnerable after they molt

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Enclosure seems big enough for the most part, the sub is super dry right? Is there high natural humidity where you are located? Chromatopelma usually web up these desert shrubs in venezuela, very xeric conditions, they definitely take advantage of webbing points and anchors and all sorts of things.

I keep all my juvies in a slightly taller enclosure with plenty of bark and silicone aquarium foilage to make these beautiful webbed castles. Use a smaller water dish and make more ventilation holes or when you rehouse them make alot more vent holes. I have a feeling it's the water from the large dish evaporating into more moist, humid conditions (poor ventilation) that could be partially responsible at least, if not mostly responsible. Green bottle blue are very hardy, durable survivors but their Achilles's heel is sustained moist conditions (just never had that come up in native environment past occasional desert rain).

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Agree a slightly higher enclosure than most terrestrials. This is to introduce the anchor points they need to make the best web castles. Still think the enclosure are too small re floor space

Dorifto

He who moists xD
The enclosure is long enough, but not big enough, a little bit wider enclosure would be perfect.

I'd remove the hide and I'd put a smaller water dish. Instead of the hide I'd use a fake plant or some kind of anchor point to help webbing, don't worry about the hide, she will make her own webbed hiding place.

Redarding to the ventilation you have to make some holes, that enclosure is pretty hermetic, and if the water dish gets hot and evaporates the humidity level will skyrocket.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
1/3 minimum. How big is the enclosure compared to the T?

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I'm more fan of a bigger enclosures like 3xDLS but it will work.

I'd increase the substrate height a little bit, and secure those anchor points, you don't want that cork bark falling on top of the T.

As viper told you, add a water dish.