Strange Spot on B. albopilosum's Abdomen

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
My juvenile female Brachypelma albopilosum has been with me since fall of last year. She has yet to molt, and since I got her she's had this small white mark on her abdomen. Clues as to what it could be? A scar from an old injury perhaps?

She's looking like she may molt soon, so I'm a little nervous it may rupture or cause issues. Probably anxious for no reason, but I haven't seen this before.

DSC01657 (2).JPG

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Nothing to worry about, all that your specimen has done is kick urticating setae.. the bald spot is just the exoskeleton being visible due to the lack of the setae .. your specimen will be very close to molting when that tan coloration turns black from the newly developed uh taking its place.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Nothing to worry about, all that your specimen has done is kick urticating setae.. the bald spot is just the exoskeleton being visible due to the lack of the setae .. your specimen will be very close to molting when that tan coloration turns black from the newly developed uh taking its place.
I saw that edit :troll:

Also, pardon me while I go bash my head in. A bald spot. Of course. I'm a moron. Thank you for answering my imbecilic question.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
I saw that edit :troll:

Also, pardon me while I go bash my head in. A bald spot. Of course. I'm a moron. Thank you for answering my imbecilic question.
Np, Its good to ask and be informed ;) here is an example of the newly developing uh being visible as she had kicked hairs, she molted not to long afterwards.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Np, Its good to ask and be informed ;) here is an example of the newly developing uh being visible as she had kicked hairs, she molted not to long afterwards.
Great example, I'll be keeping an eye out for that spot getting dark! For some reason the thought never occurred to me that it was a bald spot, even though I've seen them tons of times. I need some sleep lmao.