Strange posture, can anyone explain this?

Case

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My male rosie just recently had his ultimate molt.
Since then, he's got this weird posture that he hangs around in a lot, and it puzzles me.
He stands up on his tip-toes, similar to the way he does when he's got a cricket in his mouth, but with legs a bit further out, and raises his abdomen way up in the air, so that his body has sort of a diagonal angle to it. Picture a hotrod car with the back end jacked up - it reminds me of that. His spinnerettes are tucked away against his abdomen, so it doesn't look like he's making a sperm web.
Anybody seen this before?

Puzzled and curious,
Scott Case

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine too

My male rosie does the same thing. I have never it is my first male rosie so I have nothing to compare it too and cant tell you if it is normal or not but at least you know that yours is not the only one that does it.

-Charlie

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
did Joy give you that animation? that this is FAT!

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my male rosie used to do that too....
here is a LINK to some pics of it doing this......i am almost sure i finally determined that the substrate was too moist/humid for the spider......ever since i quit misting and just left a water dish in there for the humidifier the spider has never done this again......it has now been about 8 months since i quit misting and he quit doing this behavior....i guess he was just trying to get his booklungs high enough to get a gasp of fresh, less humid, air.......this is all just my opinion and experience though....let me know what you think people...