Strange pokie poo, and cover-up photography...

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This a multi post, because although the things mentioned in it are not related, they are both happening to the same spider, so that's good enough for me...

Firstly - I am going to embarrass myself and show you a picture of a small(ish) Poecilotheria fasciata's tank that really quite badly needs a glass clean...

But there she was, in all her ventrally-excellent glory, so I didn't want to disturb her position, or in fact her at all by wading in there with a pair of wet-tissue wrapped tweezers, windscreen wiper stylee...

So I took the photo anyway, whipped out photoshop, and in just under 10 mins had rescued the photo so we can see the spider without the 'spider business'. All hail the clone tool. For all you pro P-shoppers out there I know its not the best job in the world (and I know I missed bits) but you get the general idea....

Bit tricky where it covers the legs, but otherwise nice and easy... so a helpful tip there, in itself, I wonder ?

But while I was doing the editing, I noticed these... (click for a bigger version)

...which are odd, I thought... why the little black circles in the middle - never seen those before... so here I am, asking the rest of you Pokie keepers if yours do the same, and if you think mine is doin' anything to worry about...

Cheers

Jay

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
In my not so expert opinion, it looks similar to my Avic poo's on the glass. I guess it might be just a little thicker some poops, and more watery on others. I don't really see much to worry about, personally.

Beautiful ventral, regardless. =)

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't know anything about T pooh but I do know photoshop, and that was a really awsome job man.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that is quite normal - uh, the poo, i mean ;). there are some small elogated 'pills' and a bit of more liquid stuff, just as it should be. sometimes there is more white, sometimes it's darker - i see nothing to worry about. nice ventral, btw.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The poo splatter mark patterns are sometimes used to predict the future. . . .

Nah! Just kidding!!{D

Excellent photoshop skills.:clap:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You did a great job of fixing the pic Jay!!!!! No, I wouldn't worry. My pokies occasionally leave bigger, darker spots on the glass. It is just a heavy poo concentration. Your little guy looks wonderful, by the way.

anderstd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice clean up job. If only it was that easy to clean all the poo from the real glass.