Strange plant ID

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
!Hola! Over the last few days, I saw this strange looking plant. It is planted in my apartment complex's dirt areas. I don't have much info to go on though, just figured that it is unique enough for somebody to know ;) I live in Indiana, but I have no idea if it's a native plant. It has speckled yellow-light green leaves and a cherry-red stem. Seems to be doing well, as they same type of plant seems to have taken root next to it or from it. It had a few ants on it too, if that helps. Apparently, my complex doesn't know what it is either. Said they couldn't care less whether it is there, so I thought I might take the small one and pot it. Just want any thoughts on how to care for it, sorry but I am a super noob to plants :D Here are some pics:

Attachments

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Possibly in the Amaranth, Amaranthaceae family. Maybe a version of Pigweed.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Hate to say it, but it looks fairly non-descript to me. The only real information I can go off of is the red stem. If you get a picture of the flowers that will help a lot, but I suppose that probably won't be for several months...

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Which reminds me we have several red stemmed annuals here I have no clue as to the identity of. I need to pay attention and get pics during the flowering state.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Hate to say it, but it looks fairly non-descript to me. The only real information I can go off of is the red stem. If you get a picture of the flowers that will help a lot, but I suppose that probably won't be for several months...
Yeah, probably will be a while. Especially when I have no idea if the plant will even last the winter :( Probably will just uproot it and try to care for it. Hopefully it will do well :D

Johnny Q

Arachnopeon
It looks like a sapling. Maybe it's a clone of the tree next to it? I bet if you try to dig it up its going to be attached to big root.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It looks like the tree grew a sucker to me also, kind of looks like a little pair tree.