Strange New Home Ritual Dance?

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Last night at about 12 o clock, my T Just started to raise all of its legs in the air, laying flat on its stomach, and scrape its teeth along the bottom of the container s/he's in. Is it because its about to molt? Or was it just pissed off at me.. lol ;) Freaked me out alittle bit, diddnt know what it was trying to do. Once i get the hang of all this, i dont think ill ever be able to stop :D . And i KNOW this isnt the First and last T ill be getting. Thanks for the help!

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think it was trying to piss you off by acting weird and make you wonder for nothing:D But seriously, if that is a sign of premolt, it sure is the weirdest premolt sign I have ever heard of. I'm having trouble just visuallizing it. May be someone else can help you better.

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
huh?

That has got to be one of the weirdest things I have ever heard man. I dont know what that is. But sometimes mine do goofy stuff that I cant explain too.

My Pink toe will turn circles over and over and over clockwise (never counter clockwise) for no apperant reason.

I am not sure what yours is doing but give it enough time and the resident T experts will have some kind of an answer for you I am sure.

-Charlie

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Since it was caught offside of a highway, maybe it's used to flailing it's arms around in a desperate sign of surrender to the huge, fast-moving, iron beasts; could just be making itself feel more at home? :? Never heard of anything like that before. Weeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiird.

In Him,
Ephesians

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ahahhaha i was about to post the same exact thing lol!
BTW, how is that T doing? (minus the spaz attack)

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its a good lil T

About the spazzing out and everything, it was only for that one night. Maybe i put it on a wodden desk and it was trying to gnaw through to burrow more? Think thats what happened. Hopefully... LOL i read that site.. It isnt THAT bad.. He just put his legs in the air (Not an attack position) And dug his teeth into the container. I Think he was really trying to burrow some more... Feel sorry for that guy tho :eek: Thanks for the help everyone, it was only for that one night, so i think it realised theirs alittle hard thing under him thats kinda slowing down his burrowing :rolleyes: S/he's a good little T. hasnt happened since.

Cowshark

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Maybe it's the spider version of the freak out cats like to do to people. You know, when the cat's looking at a spot right above your head, and you look up, expecting to find the creature from Alien ready to strike, and there's nothing there.;P

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Re: Its a good lil T

Originally posted by DiStUrBeD-OnE
About the spazzing out and everything, it was only for that one night. Maybe i put it on a wodden desk and it was trying to gnaw through to burrow more? Think thats what happened. Hopefully... LOL i read that site.. It isnt THAT bad.. He just put his legs in the air (Not an attack position) And dug his teeth into the container. I Think he was really trying to burrow some more... Feel sorry for that guy tho :eek: Thanks for the help everyone, it was only for that one night, so i think it realised theirs alittle hard thing under him thats kinda slowing down his burrowing :rolleyes: S/he's a good little T. hasnt happened since.
My own feeling is that your diagnosis is correct: he was trying to burrow. I've seen some of mine who live in plastic shoeboxes doing it, and it's a very strange sight (not to mention a strange noise). If he keeps it up, you might want to think of moving him to a vivarium with better burrowing capabilities. I always think it's a shame for anyone to have a talent he or she isn't allowed to fully develop!

Joy

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Me n Ernie fixed it up with a new setup for its home. We had it to where their was nothing under him... so all he saw was the wood table. We made it to where hes on the top now. Think itll work out... if not, We'll think sumthin else up.

Ian.