Strange lumps on scorp underside

Siseris

Arachnopeon
Juvenile Urodacus Elongatus
Has anyone seen these lumps on the exoskeleton before? I am worried it is a fungal infection due to high humidity. In terms of behavior it appears perfectly normal, will eat every few days when its ready and is not overly active in the day and a little bit out and about at night. Thanks! .jpg

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
Mites. I know next to nothing about scorpions, though. Moving to a new enclosure on dry sand may help.

Siseris

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys for the quick replies.
I don't suppose someone might know if they are cleaner mites or something more insidious? either way I am gonna move to a sand and coco mix with a lower and more regulated humidity, I am just not sure if this is will be enough or if the predictor mites are what is needed. Its one of those things where I don't want to over act and and stress myself and the scorp more then is needed and by the same token I don't want to underact and cause stress or worse due to to many mites. Thanks!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
No idea what kind of mites they are but that is a pretty bad infection. Did you order the predatory mites yet @Siseris ?

Siseris

Arachnopeon
No idea what kind of mites they are but that is a pretty bad infection. Did you order the predatory mites yet @Siseris ?
Hey there, I have rehoused the little guy with a lower humidity and red sand and have noticed a reduction in the mites on it. I will be ordering the mites via express post to get in the new two days. Again his behaviour is perfectly normal so I am hopeful there will be no issue until I get my predator mites.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@Siseris "Normal" behavior does not mean it is "okay" so it is good you are taking steps to address the problem.

Did that Scorpion come to you that way?

Siseris

Arachnopeon
@Siseris "Normal" behavior does not mean it is "okay" so it is good you are taking steps to address the problem.

Did that Scorpion come to you that way?
You are right about normal not always being okay, sadly I don't really know if he had mites on him, I remember giving him a look over and seeing nothing but I am hardly an expert. Yeah I also saw that thread earlier today. Thanks for the interest. :)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
You are right about normal not always being okay, sadly I don't really know if he had mites on him, I remember giving him a look over and seeing nothing but I am hardly an expert. Yeah I also saw that thread earlier today. Thanks for the interest. :)
With the proper set up it should recover.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
search "hypopus grain mites"/grain mites on this site and the internet, there is soooo much there.

Siseris

Arachnopeon
search "hypopus grain mites"/grain mites on this site and the internet, there is soooo much there.
That is bang on in terms if identification, thanks so much, it looks like i have started taking the right steps with the little guy being rehoused in a new home with low humidity.

Siseris

Arachnopeon
*UPDATE*
Sorry for the delay. I have done what was said and now my little scorp is a-okay, its mites all appear to have gone and I changed its enclosure over twice with cleaning and a little bleach to be sure no nastiness have gotten into the mix, I also have stopped feeding him meal worms to prevent another infection.