Strange little avic.......

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think I have the oddest little avic juvie.

its been four times I accidently leave his cage door unlocked ( you know that little clicking thingy critter keepers have). I always wondered that the door was cracked open (he had slipped out) but he was always in his little hide he made in the fake vines..
Today I accidently did it again but this time I woke up at 5AM to make my coffee early and found the little bugger was gone from his critter keeper.
by 7AM I was worried he may have accidentally got locked or crawled his way out into the blizzard.
Then at 7:30 there he was in his little burrow again..

He had been making trips around the house everytime the door was not snaped shut. Lucky he dident get eaten by a mouse..

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aaww, how cute :)
On a similar note, I once discovered that one of my Aphonopelma species had discovered that she could easily slide her screen lid open, and would make nightly trips around the bedroom before settling back in her cage at daylight. I sat up and watched her do this three nights in a row, before the novelty wore off and I got her a locking lid :p

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was worried the little bugger would get thrown under 30 inches of snow..

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yikes! I think it's safe to say he wouldn't have lived through that.
Glad he's OK though :)

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Xenix ( our versicolor ) Loves to be out and about and I let her trundle all over the twins.
So far she hasn't escaped yet but when her enclosier is opened. She's Ready and wanting out for a bit. but is more then happy to go back home after a little exploring around.