strange? i only ordered one?

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi peeps

had a heart attack earlier today when i recieved my curly hair sling in the mail.
I carefully opened up the tube he was in and took him out still inside the tissue, i noticed there was a leg lying next the sling not attached! i was gutted! the poor sod must have been injured on his journey to me?...anyway i decided to get him out and into the container so i could take a better look at the poor thing, as i encourged him/her to come out of the tissue i noticed there was bits of sling everywhere! the little dude had molted on route! he/she is absolutly fine thank goodness!....has anyone else had this experience or is it rare?
{D

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It hasn't happened to me, but I've heard of it happening to a lot of other people. As long as it was properly packed, it should be fine.

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
molting en-route

I too have had slings molt en-route, in fact a B. vagans that I got yesterday had molted on the way. It arrived in great shape :clap: I have also had 1 instance of a failed molt where the sling got stuck and didn't make it which is at the very least extremely disappointing. :( I'm not sure what makes the difference, but in both cases the slings were very well packed and the others in the package also arrived safely.
Jen

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i had a subadult gold earthtiger molt on her way down to me,when i got the package i opened it and saw she was still in the process!,so i closed the container and let her be,she was fine,i just let her harden up for acouple of days,then set her up. amazing.

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
2 king baboons for the price of 1

i had a simuler one, i oldered and king baboon spiderling, and when i opened up the pot and got the tissue and there was 2! and i was only charged for one, and i only asked for one! but they sent me 2 in 1 contaner, witch they dont do any ways. so i dont know how they maneged that one. :D

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
molting enroute

My obt came in already molted in the container. It does happen fairly often, apparently. Congrats on getting 2 for 1 !! Wished that happened to me.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i had a 2" t. blondi sling molt in a tiny deli cup after DHL failed to deliver overnight (lying and saying it had an incorrect zip code, which was BS!!!). thank goodness there was a long-lasting heat pack (it was january).

still don't know HOW he had room to molt. he's now a 4-5" monster named "monster." ;)