Strange bugs in B. lateralis feeder colony

Katies Ts

Arachnopeon
I'm not sure if this is the right category but I just notice some teeny tiny mite-like (God I hope not) bugs in my roach feeder colony. I'm including a video of them crawling around to hopefully help with ID. I've had my colony going for over a year and do clean outs every 3-4 months. I've never noticed then before today, the roaches seem unbothered so far. Are they still safe to feed to my Ts? Thank you for your help
View attachment 20220815_172116.mp4

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Yes, they're mites. But they're not the bad kind of mites. They're the kind of mites that can get annoying if they overpopulate. Just keep the colony clean and dry (in terms of humidity) and it'll keep them down from exploding into becoming a bother.

Katies Ts

Arachnopeon
Thank you so much! I'm just glad to know they don't pose any threat! I did have a slight water spill last week when replacing water crystals so that might explain the population boom 😅

ButterMan

Arachnosquire
Just keep the humidity down. Mites go crazy whenever I put a lid on my mealworm farms. I don’t put lids on my mealworm farms anymore because they can’t even climb out of plastic or need humidity