Strange black "stuff" coming from ghost mantis legs?

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I'm calling it "stuff" because I can't tell if it's a fluid or something else. Anybody know if this is normal? If it's not, what is it?

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Is it coming from her abdomen?
This is also the mantis who had trouble molting?
Did you feed it, if yes, with what?

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
The "stuff" is coming from the joints of the legs, where the leg meets the abdomen. Yes, this is the one who had trouble molting. She is showing no interest in food and has not ate since her molt. I rubbed cricket guts on her raptors to try and get a feeding response but no luck. :banghead:

Tenodera

Arachnobaron
If it's not continuing to flow, it looks to me like hemolymph which has scabbed, it tends to darken considerably. It's coming from the joint of the trochanter and coxa correct? It's probably a wound she sustained during the strained molt. She may be alright, I have had some adult mantids with pretty profound injuries who have lived normal lives (one was hit with a weed-eater). Make sure she's well-hydrated and try feeding her again later today or tomorrow.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Thank you so much! I'll try to hand feed her later tonight. I left two flies in her enclosure today but I doubt she will eat them.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
So yesterday I held my ghost mantis and tried to get her to eat. She took a few bites from a dead cricket for 30 seconds and then refused to have any more. It's hard to get her to eat at this point. Her back is also curved in so she cant stand up straight. :hurting:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Give her some honey water (water with honey mixed in). She'll take that eagerly.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Just tried the honey method. She showed absolutely no interest in it even when I put it right to her mouth.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Is she scared of the stick/spoon/syringe? My P.paradoxa is easily scared. I fed her honey once, but i had to be really patient and persistent to get her to eat it.
Can she bring her raptors to her mouth? If yes, you could try and put some on her raptors. She'll clean them and and get the nutrients that way.
She is not able to hunt food herself?

Tenodera

Arachnobaron
Could you get a pic of her from the side so we can see the curvature, and how the abdomen is doing? That is surprising how little she wants to eat.

arizonablue

Arachnosquire
Oh dear. Poor little thing. Honestly, between the bad molt, hemolymph indicating injury, and her not eating ... I'd suggest putting her in the freezer and putting her out of her misery. :(

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I can't just give up on her like that. I have new house fly pupae that will hatch soon and I'll keep trying to feed her.