Strange behavior and fake eggsac?

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My L. parahybana has been acting strange for about a month now. She's normally calm and sits on her log but she started pacing her tank and scratching her butt all the time. Last week she competely rearranged the tank and piled up all the dirt and decorations to make a hole which she webbed up all over. Then I saw she was making a thick web mat. It's been 13 months since she moulted last so I figured she was just making a moult mat.
I checked on her this morning and she had rolled up the mat into a ball and is holding onto it.
I tried to breed her with a few males right after she moulted last but she wasn't receptive and they never got near her. At least I didn't think so...
Is it possible she made a false eggsac or is she just hoarding her web ball till she figures out where to stack it in the tank? It doesn't really look like a sac, just an irregular shaped ball. :?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The second pic looks like she was/is digging. The first pic definately looks like a eggsac. I know it's possible to make false eggsacs, but are you sure a male never touched her?

Maybe she wants to be a mom.:eek:

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I feel kind of bad, I put more water in her dish when she was making the web, maybe she was going to make a sac and I disturbed her. I hope she tries again if that's what she was doing :(

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pouring water shouldn't have been too much of a disturbance, but who knows.

If I were you I would take the sac, and see if it's viable. Check that out, and then we'll go from there.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No dont pull it yet, treat it as real just incase, if its not ate by the 30-40 day mark then you can pull it.
You never know maybe they did pair. Did you watch them the whole time?
On the upside a false sac means you are keeping her perfectly.{D