Stop Tarantula from climbing in a tub?

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
When a sling bolts it thinks it’s being attacked, it’s scared, and it’s looking for safety.

So when I'm rehousing slings that are bolty bolty...I have some small hides, extras that I've made from cork bark. I just put a few of those at the edges of my Rehousing container whenever I'm doing my rehousing.

I've had 3 spiders take off, and as they run close to one of these hides they usually beeline it right under the hide and cling to the underside. If I’m careful I can usually just pick up the hide and drop it into the enclosure with the spider still clinging to the underside.

I'll retrieve the hide later if I want.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
When a sling bolts it thinks it’s being attacked, it’s scared, and it’s looking for safety.

So when I'm rehousing slings that are bolty bolty...I have some small hides, extras that I've made from cork bark. I just put a few of those at the edges of my Rehousing container whenever I'm doing my rehousing.

I've had 3 spiders take off, and as they run close to one of these hides they usually beeline it right under the hide and cling to the underside. If I’m careful I can usually just pick up the hide and drop it into the enclosure with the spider still clinging to the underside.

I'll retrieve the hide later if I want.
I do this with toilet paper tubes. Tho if you are rehousing an arboreal they will want to climb UP so be prepared for that. My orange Tree spider ended up bolting and I had to sort of herd it back into the enclosure with a paintbrush. (I had a catch cup too but it was running, I usually find it easiest to direct a T if they are being bolty and not defensive)

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I do this with toilet paper tubes. Tho if you are rehousing an arboreal they will want to climb UP so be prepared for that. My orange Tree spider ended up bolting and I had to sort of herd it back into the enclosure with a paintbrush. (I had a catch cup too but it was running, I usually find it easiest to direct a T if they are being bolty and not defensive)
That is even better.