Stirmi coming out for its favorite snack,,,

Huckleberry

Arachnopeon
It never refuses! Relishes nightcrawlers. Hid away for 2 months and molted. Been out a couple weeks with the same appetite! Could not retrieve the old molt from its hide. It gets pretty plump. Can anyone speculate sex? Thanks

Attachments

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
Do you just buy these as bait worms or are they specifically bred as feeders? I ask cause they sell nightcrawlers where I work. But want to make sure they would be safe to use

Huckleberry

Arachnopeon
Do you just buy these as bait worms or are they specifically bred as feeders? I ask cause they sell nightcrawlers where I work. But want to make sure they would be safe to use
I buy mine from my local reputable bait shoppe. Many years ago, I would feed hallori (sp) with nightcrawlers. I have never noticed any issues. It is not the primary diet-just more variety. I always figured raised for bait nightcrawlers waere FAR better then catching mine own, even living in the country.

I’m guessing female but it can never be confirmed without seeing a molt.
Thanks! It had incorporated the old exoskeleton into the back of her burrow. It is so chill-seems content so I just would not destroy her den for the old molt...

fried rice

Arachnoknight
Thanks! It had incorporated the old exoskeleton into the back of her burrow. It is so chill-seems content so I just would not destroy her den for the old molt...
My dolichothele diamantinensis does the same thing. She has 2 molts hidden in her burrow... She is only a sling though so her molts won’t reveal her sex.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
If you can get a ventral view, males have what looks like a dark triangle shaped marking just above their first set of book lungs.