Still sealed away after molt

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tomorrow makes 3 weeks my LP has been sealed away from the world after successfully molting. Luckily its hide presses against the plastic of one side of the enclosure so I have a perfect view of it; I know it's alive and moves around. I know ultimately it will be okay and I'm not asking when it'll come out to show off its new clothes, I'm merely wondering how long you guys have had a T sealed away after a successful molt. 3 weeks seems like a long time to me, but I'm sure some people out there have had it happen for longer. Just curious.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think our longest was 4 months. Just be glad that you can see it, even a little!:)

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think our longest was 4 months. Just be glad that you can see it, even a little!:)
Holy cow, 4 months!? I'd think symptoms of dehydration would be close to setting in by then. Mine was sealed away for about 2 weeks before the actual molt and with tomorrow making 3 weeks sealed away after the molt, I was worried about it not getting a drink post-molt.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We kept a portion of substrate above it moistened once a week or so and it had a water dish, but did not emerge from the burrow until it had been almost 4 months. We have had several Ts stay down for 3 months and a few for a month or so, just make sure there is water available and it will come up when it is ready.