Stench?!?

Vayu Son

Old Timer
My wounded G.rosea's ICU unit stinks really bad. There is a small blotch on the towel that looks like dried crusty white paint with brown encircling it. The container itself smells like really really really bad mold/dead meat. I immediately changed her into a new unit... could it be that mold attacked the container, or an early sign of iliana's death?

please respond.

-V

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I am treating a badly injured PZB right now. She has a smell to her as well - it was much worse when she was very badly infected. I had thought that I was going to have to put her down and everyone here also thought it would be best but I just couldn't do it yet so I talked to my parmacist and he recommended a stronger anti-fungal medication called Undecylenic Acid 25%, brand name is Fungi Nail. I started using that and I have actually seen some improvement. The anti-biotic that I had used is called oxytetracycline brand name Terramyicin. You can get the power form at a local feed store for around $10 - $15. It is normally used for livestock. I mixed a very strong solution of it and used a very soft artist brush to gently apply it to the wounds twice a day until they had scabbed over. I had to continue the fungal treatments as I said above because she still had fungus sub-dermally. Hope this can help you.

Gail

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Gail,

Good to hear that you are making some progress!

Cheers,
Dave

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

In the new ICU she smells ALOT better. so im guessing the fungus took ahold of the moist towel. Im changing the unit every night now, and will give it a few days to try medication.

-V

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

update: smell is receding with frequently changed ICU units. she ate a cricket today.

-V