• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

    Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

    Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Steatoda cf. triangulosa


Aug 23, 2014
I got bite about an hour ago. I picked up a 3/4"-1" individual thinking it was too small to bite me. I was wrong! It bit me on the tip of my thumb. After the bite it felt tingly at the bite spot and it started to get red. About five minutes later my thumb started to feel slightly warm. I'm thinking that was my body's response to the chemicals in the venom, and that it is not necessarily going to happen to every one. After 15 minutes it was all gone. I thought it was a dry bite but there was venom on my skin. All in all this species has a really weak bite. I'm not deterred to handle this species again, although only for pictures.