Stealing water dish

AshAmorexo

Arachnopeon
My juvi lasiodora parahybana keeps stealing the water dish, why ? This is new, has made an awesome burrow, decent tub for its size, it’s water dish sits on the opposite end of the enclosure ... it’s dragging the dish all the way to the other side and into its burrow ... this normal ? Am I missing something ? Never had a T do this 🤷‍♀️

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Some T’s redecorate. Honestly I’d keep moving it back just to try and catch it in the act. That’s pretty funny.

My AF T Albo enjoys laying webs, then clumping it all up and scootching dirt piles around the enclosure. It’s a hilly mess in there.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Very normal.
They either love their water dishes or hate them but seldom do they leave them alone.
Some of my enclosures have several buried in the substrate.

AshAmorexo

Arachnopeon
Some T’s redecorate. Honestly I’d keep moving it back just to try and catch it in the act. That’s pretty funny.

My AF T Albo enjoys laying webs, then clumping it all up and scootching dirt piles around the enclosure. It’s a hilly mess in there.
The thing is, if I want it back I’ll need some longer tweezers 😂 ain't sticking my hand in there with my tiny ones ✋🏻

Hope I get it on vid next time, went to fill the water dish up just kinda stood over it like .... huh ??

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
its normal :Dif you start keeping a stash of bottle caps you can just toss the old dirty ones and replace the ones it might hide in its burrow as needed

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight

FINALLY someone else with a T that does this! Except my girl Flinger takes it a step further, and launches said substrate balls around the enclosure with her pedipalps

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Am I missing something ?
Yes - you're missing one water dish now :lol:

My chromatus' enclosure has at least 3 water dishes buried somewhere in the substrate. I will not going to try to get them out,he's a pissy boy threat posing at the slightest disturbance. Those are his dishes now.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My juvi lasiodora parahybana keeps stealing the water dish, why ? This is new, has made an awesome burrow, decent tub for its size, it’s water dish sits on the opposite end of the enclosure ... it’s dragging the dish all the way to the other side and into its burrow ... this normal ? Am I missing something ? Never had a T do this 🤷‍♀️
Normal

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
I spent last night watching my juvie LP lovingly fill the bowl with dirt after I had just removed, cleaned and refilled it. Normal, weird T behaviours :rofl:

ErikElvis

Newb
One time my X. Intermedia filled his water bowl with substrate. Pulled it into his lair then put it back in the same spot clean. :rolleyes: