James,
That looks like a fine order.
But dont count your Freebie before it arrives.;) J/K

Ernie

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
James,

Ive noticed some inconsistency in some of your posts that may effect your decision. You have mentioned several times that you think cobalt blue's and similar spiders are far too aggressive for you, yet your getting a cameroon red baboon? it is at LEAST as aggressive as a cobalt blue and gets really big. Anything is fine as a sling but when they get bigger it is a whole different story. If you said a coblalt is too much spider for you i think maybe it would be in your best interest to reconsider your list.

Just a thought derived from your own posts.

Mark

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: yikes

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
thanks for spotting that! I guess I will revise that!

James
James, With all do respect to Mark.
Get the H.gigas !!! Get it!!!

Ernie

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Re: Re: yikes

Originally posted by MrT
James, With all do respect to Mark.
Get the H.gigas !!! Get it!!!

Ernie
I think i will need more expeirience! So instead of H.gigas, i am going to get the Usambara! Thanks

JAmes

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Usambara?

Yes, a very good looking spider that put the word "mean" on the wall.
One of the few T's that I have seen that "wrestles" it's prey to the ground,, rolling over.

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Usambara? isnt that a baboon....i think anything with the word baboon in its name seems to have a prob with their lot in life....violent little buggers....

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
A.avicualria died!
I am selling 2 curlyhairs
I have 2 tarantulas left!
Kelly Swft-------------------------------------------------------------------
Next order:
ALL SLINGS:
1 Green Bottle Blue
1 Suntiger
2 Puerto Rican Pygmy
1 Usambara Baboon
1 Costa Rican Zebra
*1 Freebie

I cant WAIT!!!

Thanks,
James
Youre sooo lucky. My mom thinks 3 tarantulas is enough. PHHHT. ;P She says "What if your future husband doesnt like tarantulas ?" I say "Sorrry he will have to live with them. My baggage is my tarantulas. ITs me, and the tarantulas or not at all. ANyway, lucky you !! ;)

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

thanks spider_savior! When i get married my wife will deal with the t's or get out! My mom trusts me! And she knows what I am doing! So I will have 9 t's!! Thanks for the nice compliments everyone!

James

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: hey

thanks spider_savior! When i get married my wife will deal with the t's or get out! My mom trusts me! And she knows what I am doing! So I will have 9 t's!! Thanks for the nice compliments everyone!

James
Spoken like a real man who has a pair! Good For You!

Bd

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
James,

When you decided to revise your list and get something else instead of the cameroon i thought you made an excellent decision. What i did never expcet to hear was your next decision to get an usumbara lol. They are the meanest tarantulas out there, but i suppose they are smaller and more manageable. If you REALLY want one, this will probabaly cause you the least trouble but still be careful.

Mr. T - I am not doubting for one second that the H.gigas is an awesome spider, but for someone who has jumped into the hobby (not a bad thing at all) a tarantula like the H.gigas is definately not one to jump into.

Mark

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I remember that my first tarantula was an H. gigas.

I kind of bought the thing on a whim. I was chatting on a discussion board where somebody was freaking out about how he had centipedes in his house. I got to thinking about bugs, which led me to think about tarantulas. "Hmm," I thought. "A tarantula would be pretty cool sitting here on my computer desk." So I went to the pet store and bought the biggest tarantula I saw. I figured, "they wouldn't sell me something deadly venomous at the pet store," so I decided to try to handle it.

Of course, I had to have somebody there watching me, so I invited my brother over to see my new pet. That way, if anything really bad happened (a rare allergic reaction, for example), he could drive me to the hospital.

But he seemed pretty interested in the spider. I took advantage of this, and was able to convince him to hold it first.

Phew! At least if it was a biter, I wouldn't be the one to get bitten.
:D

Well, we managed to get it onto his hand, but then I saw that it was a much faster runner than I thought it would be. Both of us then decided that the thing probably shouldn't be handled, and we managed to secure it in its cage (with a bit of difficulty).