Starting Peppers Indoors?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Planning to start some seeds indoors for this upcoming season! Just have some questions regarding the grow lights:

-Would any kind of T5 high output light & light fixture work? (Or cannot be any kind of T5 light fixture?)
-What do you use as a medium? Planning to start them in baggies and then transferring them into a solo cup afterwards.
-Do they still require heat once they germinate?
-How many hours a Day should I be running the lights?

Thanks!

Last edited:

BenWilly

Tarantula Hillbilly
I bought a couple cheap grow lights on ebay ($8 bucks a light) , the kind that screw in to any fixture and used those. They were full spectrum LED. They grew my veggies to about 10 inches before they needed to go out doors.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I bought a couple cheap grow lights on ebay ($8 bucks a light) , the kind that screw in to any fixture and used those. They were full spectrum LED. They grew my veggies to about 10 inches before they needed to go out doors.
Actually found some a two T8 fixture and two bulbs that fit right in my price range at Lowe's! Got some feedback from it and someone said they started 288 seedlings from them so I'm hoping the 25-30 of mine won't have a problem lol. Was planning on starting them in ziploc bags and hoping to see how many germinate from there.