Starting her sac!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well I guess that the C.fasciatum is definitly gravid. She is digging out a corner and webbing it up as I speak!

Im trying not to get my hopes up too high, because a lot could still go wrong at this point. She could eat the sac, the sac could be infertile, or go bad, etc. But it's hard not to be excited. Im still bummed out that I didnt breed this girl (she was paired before I recieved her). I bought a MM fasciatum and recieved this female as a freebie!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont want to disturb her. So Im just going to prop the camera up on something outside of her enclosure and put it on record. Some people like to go right in with the T while she's making her sac and photograph it and video tape it, but why risk it?

I will definitly take an outside-of-the-enclosure video. Thanks Mcluskyisms!

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah Mon'

Everything is gonna be Alright now :D

GL w/ her process Jake :razz: they are a Fun variety & Pretty in Pink, like Molly Ringwald :p

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's so cool, good luck to you. Makes me contemplate trying my hand at breeding, some day in the very distant future.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She hasnt made anymore progress, but Im keeping my eye on her.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Even if you didn't breed her yourself, any practice with a sac is good!

Good luck with it :D

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Even if you didn't breed her yourself, any practice with a sac is good!

Good luck with it :D
Yea thats one cool thing. I have only had three Ts lay a sac for me. One was A.hentzi, but the eggs dried up. My last good sac was P.murinus in early fall of 2009. Now I have the saame P.murinus sitting on another sac. So I want to get some sac with a really high egg count so I can try out some different types of incubation.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well after a little inactivity, she is back at it again. Digging slowly.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Since I didnt breed her, I have no report to post, but I thought maybe I could write down the dates of the sac being made all the way through to 2nd instar (only applies if the sac doesnt get eaten or goe bad). I figure maybe that could help somebody a little bit?

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Shes starting to web now. I filmed a bit of that untill the battery died. I would love to stay up and watch, but there is no way thats going to happen. Hopefully she hasnt finished it by the morning.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The one in question is roughly 4-4.5 inches. Im terrible at judging measurements though.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well she seems to be changing her mind on where she wants to put it. She dug out the corner and webbed it barely. But now she dug out a trench along the side that she started the corner. I was hoping she would make it Friday or Today, but of course she is probably going to wait until Im at work to lay it:rolleyes:, lol.