Starter Ts

cadster

Arachnopeon
hello, just wanted to show my first Ts. I'm still new to this, started last November only.

L. Parahybana

C. Fasciatum

G. Rosea

C. Cyaneopubescens

B. Albopilosum

I still have a P. Cambrigei that I can't seem to get a good shot of. Everytime it runs to its hide or makes a run out of its bin. :embarrassed:

cadster

Arachnopeon
yes, I've read about that. And I'm expecting it to be that way as it eats very well, I'm running out of nymphs! :D

TrentinG

Arachnopeon
nice pics :D and web eviction when did your gbb get its green legs? mine is about 1.25-1.5 inches do you think it might get them next molt?? It's molted twice since i've gotten it and when i got it it was about .75 inches. Thanks :worship:

web eviction

Arachnolord
nice pics :D and web eviction when did your gbb get its green legs? mine is about 1.25-1.5 inches do you think it might get them next molt?? It's molted twice since i've gotten it and when i got it it was about .75 inches. Thanks :worship:
next molt they will be a dirty pink color and the next after that they should be blue from the looks and size of it

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Dirty pink color

And blue

cadster

Arachnopeon
@ web eviction - mine is around 1" dls, molted last 12/6/2010 and it looks like the first pic you posted. So this means I have to wait 2 more molts for it to have blue legs? :( Oh well, it seems to be ignoring its food, i'll have to check if its due for molt.

@ John - For now I think this set will do. Although I'm still trying to find a G. Pulchra and B. Smithi as both of its care sheets are already filed. :D

@ tarantulagirl10 - oh, i guess we have the same eagerness to see them grow no?

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great looking family you have there :D

That C. fasciatum looks amazing, and of course the GBB is the eye catcher.

web eviction

Arachnolord
@ web eviction - mine is around 1" dls, molted last 12/6/2010 and it looks like the first pic you posted. So this means I have to wait 2 more molts for it to have blue legs? :( Oh well, it seems to be ignoring its food, i'll have to check if its due for molt.

@ John - For now I think this set will do. Although I'm still trying to find a G. Pulchra and B. Smithi as both of its care sheets are already filed. :D

@ tarantulagirl10 - oh, i guess we have the same eagerness to see them grow no?
Mine molted 12-4-10 then again 12-22-10 if yours looks like the first pic I posted it may get some color next molt lol like I said it went from pink to dirty pink to blue can't wait to see what's next!

cadster

Arachnopeon
@Suidakkra & ILoveBHO - thanks.

@web eviction - wow, it molted that fast? how frequent do you feed it? I feed by GBB at most 2x per week - a lat the same size as the GBB.

web eviction

Arachnolord
I have slowed feeding down to once a week now I was offering a large cricket every day when she was small and she would eat till she fattened up and then molt... lol I power feed all my little ones until they reach about 2 inches

cadster

Arachnopeon
I see. I knew that its appetite is really good, but I never thought it to be on a daily basis as well. :D yeah, on a serving, it really fattens up!

I will check later tonight if it decides to eat, then maybe start doing it every other day. thanks for the tip. :)

cadster

Arachnopeon
L. Parahybana molted today! Here it is now:

Big change from its previous look.

cadster

Arachnopeon
yeah, i was surprised to see a different T when I opened its bin. I didn't know that it would be that soon as it stopped eating about 2 days before the molt.

I gave it a whole mealworm this morning as a treat. :}

Btw, the GBB still refused its food last night. I guess its about to molt. {D Hopefully its gonna have its blue legs by then. {D

web eviction

Arachnolord
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! My obt has sealed herself up I think she is molting I hope so anyway

cadster

Arachnopeon
I've read about the obt, good luck with it. It wont be on my list for now. :D

web, a little info about your GBB - would you have an account as to how many days yours stopped eating before it molted? Mine hasn't been eating for a week now, I tried again last night if it will eat, but no. Its abdomen is still huge though, but still no molt after a week of no-eating.