starter T. for supervised pre-teen?

Dal

Arachnopeon
G.Rosea, to manage to kill one of those you have to drive a stake through its heart {D

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I find the best starter T is B albopilosum by far! if you want something with some leg stripes then a chaco! if its something with colour you after then B smithi! depends what you like in a T! i just really dont like G Rosea/porteri!
I agree with you ! Super slow , epically docile , rarely kick hairs (mine at least) , and eat like a champ !

andrew_w_hill

Arachnopeon
With all these great sounding choices, it's easy to see how someone starts with one T. and ends up with... well... a lot. Thank you everyone for your helpful replies. I'm going to talk it over with my nephew this week and, if we get one, I will be happy to let everybody know which way we went.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Avicularia, any of them. Cheapest would be A. avicularia. Second, and a little more flashy are A. versicolor.

I've introduced a lot of people to T's with Avicularia slings. They are fun, don't mind being around people, are known not to bite. They are aboreal and can usually be seen in their cages. They grow fast, are pretty, and..... They are awesome. You can't go wrong with them.

andrew_w_hill

Arachnopeon
Thank you everybody for all of your help. Considering everything everyone said, we decided to opt for a G. pulchripes. Should be coming next Tuesday. However, there were so many interesting species mentioned... I wonder if my blondi will ever need a neighbor...