Started as a side act and stole the show

Jerry

Arachnobaron
IMG_20170107_164300898.jpg IMG_20170107_164350374.jpg add these guys to my millipede tank to keep it clean and they have blown up I'm amazed by the variations of color among insects that I thought were the same when I collected them but these are my favorite so far IMG_20170107_164300898~2.jpg the big guy in the middle I would like to get some more exotic so in the future but I really like watching these guys for now

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
View attachment 228635 View attachment 228636 add these guys to my millipede tank to keep it clean and they have blown up I'm amazed by the variations of color among insects that I thought were the same when I collected them but these are my favorite so far View attachment 228637 the big guy in the middle I would like to get some more exotic so in the future but I really like watching these guys for now
I am a big fan of isopods myself, as you might understand by my avatar. A word to the wise: some people have reported that isopods will attack molting millipedes. It might never happen to you, but it has happened, apparently. It may be worth considering a separate enclosure for the isopods.

Kennyg

Arachnopeon
i remember finding them lots as a kid under rocks in the garden :D have not seen them in ages although i dont not spend as much time as i used to in the garden due to studies haha
how closely related to millipedes are they?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Isopods have really grown on me too. Such neat little creatures! You have a few really nice colored ones in there.

i remember finding them lots as a kid under rocks in the garden :D have not seen them in ages although i dont not spend as much time as i used to in the garden due to studies haha
how closely related to millipedes are they?
They're both arthropods, but that's about as close as they get. Isopods are actually crustaceans, so quite a bit different then millipedes. It's awesome that they evolved to live on land like this!

Kennyg

Arachnopeon
Arthropods and insects are so interesting! i love learning about them and seeing all the diversity they have to offer in nature :D my knowledge if a bit better on insects haha due to university courses

Jerry

Arachnobaron
They are awesome and all that I have I caught around my house so easy to take care of and reproduce like rabbits