starburst horned baboon

scarkro

Arachnopeon
anybody have some info on these guys....humidity, aggressiveness, i know they are burrowers but what else should i know?? about them.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Well, first off a scientific name helps :) But since it's a horned baboon, that means that it's most likely Ceratogyrus. These guys are kept much like usumbara as they're from the same type of habitat. Avg temps and low humidity for adults. For slings, AVG temps and a bit more humid than the adults. Too much humidity is not good for this species. Agressiveness is the same as most baboon spiders, watch out if you mess with it. They're fairly defensive.

Hope that helps some

Scott

scarkro

Arachnopeon
sorry i do not know the scientic names i've been looking though ...if ican't find i'll call who i got it from and ask..

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm assuming you got this from Arachnocenter (looking at their pricelist right now)... that is a horned species, so take care of it how Scott suggested.

Anyway,
welcome here (and sorry for the initial trouble),
Pauly

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh ok :)

Well, it probably is the same species... "C.bechuanicus" as Arachnocenter described. Weather or not Paul Becker identified it right remains a mystery, as he isn't known for his knack for identifying spiders. But write that down for your records.

Pauly