Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Staple Diet for Hissers/Dubia

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by Taysha, May 15, 2019.

1. Taysha

Taysha Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    What do you guys feed as a staple diet for Hissers and Dubia? I feed cat food, fish flakes, cricket food. For fresh vegetables and fruits, I do leafy greens, squash, sweet potato.
    What do you guys feed?

2. Dry Desert

Dry Desert Arachnobaron Active Member

UK
    Shreds of carrots, and pieces of oranges for moisture- that's all they need. Cat food and fish flakes make the enclosure stink and are not necessary. You can add green leaf now and again.

3. docwade87

docwade87 Arachnoknight Active Member

Apples, and kale are my primary foods for my Dubia and mealies.

4. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnoangel Active Member

Baby carrots and fish flakes. They seem to go nuts for fish flakes.

5. ccTroi

ccTroi Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

primarily apples and oranges. expiring bread and unwanted cereal occasionally. i used to buy roach chow from online sellers, but it’s a lot cheaper feeding my colonies with food from scratch

6. Anoplogaster

Anoplogaster Arachnodemon Active Member

I cook dinner each night, which almost always includes some sort of veggie. So all my trimmings go in the colony. That’s typically a good variety of broccoli stems, bok choy, carrot peels, various squashes, napa cabbage ends, etc. And when any oranges start drying out, they get those too.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.