stacking kritter keepers... will this stress t's?

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
being able to feel the movements of their roommates:?

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the only drawback to stacking is feeding time or maintanice, other then that ive had no ill effects

Warren

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
but aren't kks ventilated through the top? so how will you keep up ventilation if you stack them?

ah, just saw the pic now. well, i just wouldn't try this with species that require lots of ventilation, like avics.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There is more than enough side ventilation in a Kritter Keeper. Stacking will cause no problems at all.

Mr.Scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've heard of lots of people stacking them without problems so I would think it's ok.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i stack all of my inverts,tarantulas,scorps,centipedes,true spiders,beetles,never had any problems:clap:

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Almost anyone I know that has a good number of T's use the stack method. That is just how it has to be to conserve space. The kritter keepers work fine because of all the ventilation they provide. Also alot of other containers also provide side ventilations so they are prefectly fine for stacking. Just the way it has to be if your collections are growing rapidly and you are confined to space. No harm in stack-ables etiher. Yes it is slightly a pain for feeding time, but that is the price you pay for that and I don't even think it is a bad price to pay for keeping some elegant looking T's!! I have seen no proof yet that it stresses out the T's at all.

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've always stacked mine and have had no probs. Very true that maint. time can be a pain but it saves on space.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't see why it would. Mine seem fine and I've always stacked kks, I have to for the room.
And you can still get plenty of ventilation with them stacked, the entire top and sides have ventilation holes and the have plastic "feet" in the bottom of them, they don't sit directly on top of the one underneath.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
I've had T's mate, and produce viable offspring, while housed in stacks of KK's, so I don't think they have a problem with it.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
same experience with KKs are everyone else. no problems so far.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I stack them they fit in my room... If I couldn't stack them, I couldn't have as many tarantulas. But I like stacking things, everything in my room is stacked. I stack movies, books, milk crates, tubs of junk, tubs of crickets... I even stack big bulky stacks of tools (shop vacs and jacks and things) at work. Tetris is my favorite video game, and legos are my favorite toy. I have a thing a fond place in my heart for stacking. If kritter keepers couldn't be stacked and still keep the tarantulas happy, I would never have gotten as in love with tarantulas as I am today.

And, to keep my Avics from webbing the tops closed, I put a piece of meshy tulle cloth stuff over tense between the lid and the container.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
go with stacking its a good way of keeping lots of ( t ) :razz: {D {D and you can add to them and still have some room for more :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship:-- phil