Spring Rehousing Has Been Busy

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've been moving a lot of Ts to larger enclosures recnetly. It's been pretty fun to see how all the Ts have grown especially the ones I don't get to see often.

Last week I rehoused my 6 C. sp. Hati Hati slings from their 2 oz condiment cups to a 16 oz deli cups. Over the week I was not pleased with they way they were taking to the new containers. They primaraly made burrows in their old cups and though I gave them some moss/plants on one side to use for a home 3 took to making webs on the cup lid join.

Last night I decided to rehouse them into 32 oz deli cups and give them some more options. I had a lot of miscellaneous plant pieces laying about from older projects and decided to use some of it up.They seem to approve and have all started a nice home web at the base of the cork.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I always love your setups. Only the necessities, but it still manages to look decorated.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Another one of those Nazi owners making demands on their pets I see :clown::clown::clown:
Yeah, I'm strict with them. How dare I not allow them to web up the lid so I can't feed or water them. :D

Usually they get free reign on most anything but I hate lid webbers. I've been adjusting all the setups so they can do as they please without the door/lid becoming an issue.

My bamboo skewer enclosure taught me a big lesson. That my GBB juvi male likes to web high unless you give a lot of lower clutter to web in. He had access to a nice burrow hide and a lot of skewers and he went up and webbed a hammock and then webbed the lid.:shifty: Now he's made a lot of web tubes between the skewers which was pretty cool. The next one though I'm going to do a hide and bush setup and see what happens.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I always love your setups. Only the necessities, but it still manages to look decorated.
Thanks, I like for them to be functional. This species liked to burrow so far but they also like something to web off of. That's why I tossed the round green thing near the bottom. Other than that I just smear hot glue on some wood and stick fake plants on till something works. :D

Last edited:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Just 4 days in and this T has really been busy setting up it's new home. That is a lot of dirt moved and placed and webbed. I don't think I'll be seeing this one much from now on. :)

Rehoused in the evening on the 27th (Thursday).

Evening of the 28th (Friday)

Just a bit ago 30th (Sunday)

Up close shot of the burrow entrance

Ddannison

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I'm strict with them. How dare I not allow them to web up the lid so I can't feed or water them. :D

Usually they get free reign on most anything but I hate lid webbers. I've been adjusting all the setups so they can do as they please
I've got about 10 Chilobrachys babies in 4oz containers with the lids throuroughly webbed and I cannot wait to get them in bigger containers where they won't web the lid.