Spring is around the corner, who's going collecting this year, and for what?

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've got next Mon Feb 21 off. I can do somthing that weekend either Sat or Sun. If anyone wants to go collecting let me know.

John
I won't be able to make it by then John, I'm booked out two weeks right now, but I will contact you when I make it that direction.

I live out in Kentucky, with no scorpions near me except maybe Centruroides hentzi or Vaejovis carolinianus. It's terrible.:D
I'd move. :razz:

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I won't be able to make it by then John, I'm booked out two weeks right now, but I will contact you when I make it that direction.

I'd move. :razz:
Let me know if you come out this way. At worst I'll let you in on some nice spots.

I wasn't expecting anyone from out of state. LOL I'll probably be heading out sometime next weekend regaurdless.

John

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I can't wait to go hiking/collecting with you Ryan!It's gonna be awesome!I figure we'll check out the place where I found the S.Donensis since it's more unexplored by me,it'll be an adventure for us both.I hope we can find more S.Donensis,as well as some other species.And I really wanna show you that 3'+ Jersulem Cricket!

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Can't exactly do that yet. Not until I set out on my own.:D
Oh, I'm sorry, I just assumed you were already. That's what I get for assuming! :wall: You communicate very well considering... :)

Let me know if you come out this way. At worst I'll let you in on some nice spots.

I wasn't expecting anyone from out of state. LOL I'll probably be heading out sometime next weekend regaurdless.

John
That's great! Thank you. :worship: As for "out of state", I'm not in any state right now. I claim them all! {D You're really just a day or two away hitching, if I didn't have plans already I'd be on my way, but as it is.... It will be a little down the road. Btw, can you post or pm me your general location? I can't remember where you said you live.

You all have fun on your hike!

I can't wait to go hiking/collecting with you Ryan!It's gonna be awesome!I figure we'll check out the place where I found the S.Donensis since it's more unexplored by me,it'll be an adventure for us both.I hope we can find more S.Donensis,as well as some other species.And I really wanna show you that 3'+ Jersulem Cricket!
I'm as excited as you are! I have only been out once with another arachnoholic. So this is as much a treat to me as it is for you! Wahoo! :)

Mathayus

Arachnosquire
There aren't alot of scorps species out here in Wyoming, but during the late summer there are hundreds of Paruroctonous boreus. Theyre some cool little fellas :D

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There aren't alot of scorps species out here in Wyoming, but during the late summer there are hundreds of Paruroctonous boreus. Theyre some cool little fellas :D
Let me know if you'd want to send some P.Boreus down here!

@Ryan:

I will be going to the place where we will most likely be going next weekend today instead of Saturday!I will keep you updated as to what I find.I'll be heading out in about 10 minutes!Hoping to find more S.Donensis and Scolopendra Polymorpha.It just rained yesterday,so I should have some good finds!

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep, I think you should send asn some P.b.'s ;)

Let me know if you'd want to send some P.Boreus down here!

@Ryan:

I will be going to the place where we will most likely be going next weekend today instead of Saturday!I will keep you updated as to what I find.I'll be heading out in about 10 minutes!Hoping to find more S.Donensis and Scolopendra Polymorpha.It just rained yesterday,so I should have some good finds!
Sweet! Give me an update when you can! I'm taking a city bus to temecula tomorrow and heading that way. I think I'm going to go around ramona until next weekend and its on! :3:

Irene B. Smithi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm already catching C. Sculpts in my yard and house... weeeee another early season! :wall:

(and no, I'm not sending any out... lol)

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Guess this is the best place to post this. Walking through Anza borrego I hurt my ankle. I'm putting off any scorpion collecting for at least a month. I'm travelling CA trying to get some work (that is mostly off my feet). Bout to find out about one possibility. I won't be posting here probably until I heal and can go hunt. If anyone wants to follow my travels, you can friend me on facebook. My name is Ryan Moyer. You will see which one I am. ;)

Peace all! Keep things going while I'm gone, and I'll be back soon enough! :)

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Guess this is the best place to post this. Walking through Anza borrego I hurt my ankle. I'm putting off any scorpion collecting for at least a month. I'm travelling CA trying to get some work (that is mostly off my feet). Bout to find out about one possibility. I won't be posting here probably until I heal and can go hunt. If anyone wants to follow my travels, you can friend me on facebook. My name is Ryan Moyer. You will see which one I am. ;)

Peace all! Keep things going while I'm gone, and I'll be back soon enough! :)
That sucks man, heal up soon!

As for me collecting...Eh, very few reports of scorps in PA so it's unlikely I'll find any. I am going to look for pseudoscorpions, roaches, and large beetles. If I find any mantids I may hang on to them for some eggsacs. At anyrate I'm headlong into looking for critters this spring. :)

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
searching for scorps

I live in Vicksburg, MS and know there are C. vitatus scorpions here, but have not found any. They must be very reclusive scorps. I hope to search again this yr for some of them and some black widows. My daughter is an electrician and the private school where she rents a house, she says she has seen both around the buildings on the property so I am going to look around there.

Sharon

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That sucks man, heal up soon!

As for me collecting...Eh, very few reports of scorps in PA so it's unlikely I'll find any. I am going to look for pseudoscorpions, roaches, and large beetles. If I find any mantids I may hang on to them for some eggsacs. At anyrate I'm headlong into looking for critters this spring. :)
Yeah, the ankle is frustrating. It has put a big damper on my plans. But such is life. If this is the worse thing that happens to me this spring, i'll take that as a blessing! ;) It does seem to be getting a little better now, not desert ready yet, but maybe I'll get there soon. Cross your fingers for me!

Good luck with the Pseudo's, roaches, beetles, and mantids! You should be able to trade something for more scorpions from all of those! Have fun and stay safe!

I live in Vicksburg, MS and know there are C. vitatus scorpions here, but have not found any. They must be very reclusive scorps. I hope to search again this yr for some of them and some black widows. My daughter is an electrician and the private school where she rents a house, she says she has seen both around the buildings on the property so I am going to look around there.

Sharon
When it warms up you should find some. Are you using a blacklight to search? Don't forget to also check under rotting logs and rocks too! When you do find them, you will find them in dozens. :D