Spring is around the corner, who's going collecting this year, and for what?

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can find them now, I have already found many SoCal vaejovids... And these, but you have to dig for them, not so cool...but still kinda fun little scorps: http://www.flickr.com/photos/i_am_subverted/5412015048/ (just together for the photo).

Other than those, Im hoping I find some Smeringurus mesaensis at some point, has been quite awhile since I have found them. Hopefully while looking for beetles and such(my main targets this year) I stumble across a few. :)

Nomadinexile, how long are you in the LA area?
Very nice finds! Hopefully I'll get luck this time around. If you don't mind, any location tips you can give me, such as the surrounding cities? I actually live in OC, but would like a direction to head to. Any help appreciated!

casparian82

Arachnopeon
needa buddy

looking for someone to go scorpion hunting with in deserts, mountains, anywhere the scorpions are. i live in mesa. about 5-10 mins away from apache junction and about 20 mins away from the superstition mountain. wanna go anywhere and everywhere in az and possibly CA if there are guaranteed finds. pm me so we can talk. looking to go soon before it gets TOO hot. especially in the AJ area

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
looking for someone to go scorpion hunting with in deserts, mountains, anywhere the scorpions are. i live in mesa. about 5-10 mins away from apache junction and about 20 mins away from the superstition mountain. wanna go anywhere and everywhere in az and possibly CA if there are guaranteed finds. pm me so we can talk. looking to go soon before it gets TOO hot. especially in the AJ area
Why is it everyone on this board from Arizona lives clear across town from me......That's like halfway to Tucson for me!

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I actally just found scorpion today that is a first for me.I'm unsure of it's genus,but Im guessing pseudoroctonus or vaejavous.It is colored kinda like an I.Mac,but is tiny and is bulkier.I found along with a S.Polymorpha flipping rocks in a new little trail today.It was my first time,and we only took one of many trails there,so I hope to return soon to see what else is there.I am Aldo waiting for it to warm up to find another small species that I also think is Pseudoroctonus.I found 3 across the street from my house.I also plan to catch a couple small breeding groups of The common Anuroctonus Pocki and Paruroctonus Silvestrii.Nomad,hit me up if you're in the Oceanside area.I could show you a couple really good collecting spots.It'd be awesome!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you live what like an hour away?
Stapley and Brown here......Not really into scorps,but would head out with the wife sometime..Coons Bluff has some MASSIVE scorps........Why do I feel like I recently met you?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Kathy is gonna send me some more C. sculpturatus.

I'll probably look for C. hentzi around here, but doubt I'll keep any.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Kathy is gonna send me some more C. sculpturatus.

I'll probably look for C. hentzi around here, but doubt I'll keep any.
Hahahahahahaha...

We should plan an Arizonian scorpion hunting get together. I'm in!

casparian82

Arachnopeon
Stapley and Brown here......Not really into scorps,but would head out with the wife sometime..Coons Bluff has some MASSIVE scorps........Why do I feel like I recently met you?
because you did haha. you got the baby GBB from me on sunday. I'm down to go looking for scorpions and tarantulas anytime. just let me know when.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Hahahahahahaha...

We should plan an Arizonian scorpion hunting get together. I'm in!
that sounds like an amazing idea

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
because you did haha. you got the baby GBB from me on sunday. I'm down to go looking for scorpions and tarantulas anytime. just let me know when.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

that sounds like an amazing idea
Sounds good to me. I just want a hairy or two.Really want to go dwarf hunting as well...We will figure something out.........

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't you guys think you'd all rather come to Florida to see all the neat bugs we have here? :}

Titandan

Arachnopeon
Hey you SoCal guys,

I'm down to go in a couple weeks! Let me know if you're going around Southern Cal! I have never been scorp/tarantula hunting before but I'm so down! Let me know via email or private message me please. My email add is euihyunhan@yahoo.com

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just an FYI for people here looking for someone to go hiking with...

If you want to go with me sometime in the next few months... Email me by clicking on my name on the left of this message. Put your city or the area you want to hunt in the title. Tell me your schedule, and leave your number.

I may not be able to get on ab for a while, or at least rarely, do to lack of access. So I can't go back and forth messaging people, I 'm sorry. But my email will be the first thing I check when I can, so message me there, and I will get with you when I can.

Auf wiedersehn. ~ryan

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't you guys think you'd all rather come to Florida to see all the neat bugs we have here? :}
How about you come here Joe? After having family in Fl,I vowed to never return.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
We should start a thread in the field trip section. I'd be willing to go somewhere. I know of a few places in Central Arizona we can go.

John

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How about you come here Joe? After having family in Fl,I vowed to never return.
I've got a family here I need to take care of - another son due in 3 weeks. Otherwise, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

You can't tell me you don't want to at least come here and see my spider room...;)

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
Any of u lucky Americans wanna send some of your spoils to Canada :p :D

Eager to see what u guys are finding.

Bammer

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
We should start a thread in the field trip section. I'd be willing to go somewhere. I know of a few places in Central Arizona we can go.

John
Great Idea, and that would be great! Scorpion field trip! :clap:

I've got a family here I need to take care of - another son due in 3 weeks. Otherwise, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

You can't tell me you don't want to at least come here and see my spider room...;)
Fair enough. Sounds like you have your hands full. I'd love to come visit, but I'm scared of the overzealous flpd and the mobs of elderly drivers. Florida is scary! {D

For All: I made it to riverside after 56+ hours on greyhound. :wall:
Now it's off to the fluorescent rocks. I'll let you know how it goes soon. ~r

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've got next Mon Feb 21 off. I can do somthing that weekend either Sat or Sun. If anyone wants to go collecting let me know.

John

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
I live out in Kentucky, with no scorpions near me except maybe Centruroides hentzi or Vaejovis carolinianus. It's terrible.:D