Spring break vacation T questions

SpiderQueenLizzy

Arachnopeon
Spring break for me is a week away. I am going to florida with family. I have two tarantulas and im not sure what i should do. I can't take them with me and i know they can go a week without food. Its water im concerned about. What should i do to prepare? I have a heat lamp that produces no light just heat, and can turn off and on on its own to regulate temp. I also have a small humidifier that i don't use so much anymore.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
They'll be fine without water. Just fill up their water dish before you go. What you should be concerned about is the heat lamp--ditch it. Spiders can easily over heat with a heat source like that. If you need to heat it, heat up the room/area instead.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Just make sure it has a full water dish and moisten part of the substrate before you go

Also, ditch the heat lamp.

SpiderQueenLizzy

Arachnopeon
They'll be fine without water. Just fill up their water dish before you go. What you should be concerned about is the heat lamp--ditch it. Spiders can easily over heat with a heat source like that. If you need to heat it, heat up the room/area instead.
I can't really heat up the room its self. But my Ts won't get too cold while im away for a week?

SpiderQueenLizzy

Arachnopeon
Eh, forgive me Lady... I have this deplorable bad habit to post comments that, when needed (and IMO this case was/is one) take in consideration the info stated on the profile of the one asking :pompous:
Your ok! Don't worry. I just don't like to tell the internet everything about me. Forgive the fib.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What species?

With night's in the 50's, you should be fine for most species.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
One green bottle blue and one costa rican zebra blue. Both juveniles.
So, C. cyaneopubescens and a... what? Is that an A. seemanni? If so, then you're fine. Fill up their water dishes, permanently kill the heat lamp, and don't worry about it.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
you can temporarily use a large vial for a water dish, just bury it deep enough in the substrate. water never runs out.