Spray paint question..

foxy

Arachnopeon
Yes I know the title was a little strange...
I recently picked up a large amount of cork bark flats and tubes at a ridiculously cheap price...the thing is they had been sprayed with I can only assume was some sort of silver spray paint...I have managed to scrub 99% of it off with hot soapy water...however there is still traces in some of the nooks and crannies...my question is do you think this will be any sort of an issue to the health of a T?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Never ever worth the risk!
Unless you don’t care about the T 1679006916303.png

foxy

Arachnopeon
OK so I decided to message the seller to find out exactly what it was and what I was dealing with....the response I got was I don't know what it is..."it's a treatment from the shops,when I got them the shop said they had been pretreated"....probably a dumb question but has any one ever heard of anything like this?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Do you have pictures? We have no idea what we're seeing here. If we can see what you have, then we could probably give you a better answer or response.

foxy

Arachnopeon
Do you have pictures? We have no idea what we're seeing here. If we can see what you have, then we could probably give you a better answer or response.
Tbh there's that little on there now I don't think the camara will pick it up...oh hang on yes I can show you a pic from the seller.
Before
Screenshot_20230317_010106_Vinted.jpg
Screenshot_20230317_010116_Vinted.jpg

After
Screenshot_20230317_010404_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230317_010416_Gallery.jpg

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Why they would spray chemicals on there is anyone's guess. But I agree with better safe than sorry.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Fourth that..not worth the lives of your Ts. No one knows what kind of chemicals could be in there. Cork bark isn’t crazy expensive.

If I pulled a mattress out of the dumpster, but then pressure washed it, would you sleep on it? ;-)

Last edited:

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
I will join the echo chamber....i would not risk it.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Why they would spray chemicals on there is anyone's guess. But I agree with better safe than sorry.
Cork bark is imported, and I'm pretty sure it gets treated in some fashion before it's sold here in the states. I'm not aware of that treatment leaving any residue behind however.