Spotted and very strange exoskeleton/molt

bluewidowprincess

Arachnopeon
I have searched and searched for anything similar on the threads to this and only found one post from earlier in January and I am still left a bit fuzzy on what’s going on or what I should do? I also wanted to post this to document and get some feedback and thoughts!
First off she is a Tliltocatl vagans had her for around 4ish years and none of her other molts look this way I went back through and checked. I pulled this out around a week of it sitting in her enclosure and went to go sex it and immediately was just like huh that’s weird. It was all wet only in the abdomen area but not normal wet it is almost like an oily consistency. I got some qtips and pulled it open poking around and noticed all the spots on it, black little spots all inside. After further inspection towards the very end of the molt there is also what looks almost like two bite marks or cuts, I have never seen those kind of indents in a molt before. Lastly the book lungs look like tiny little pieces of gristle almost like crunched up pieces and not how I have ever seen them look. It’s all off and strange. I also posted a picture of just the qtips so you can see the color and residue it left after poking around in there.
I would love any thoughts or knowledge about any of this and if I should be doing anything!
Thank you so much

Attachments

Cas S

Arachnoknight
Was it in a waterdish? Maybe thats why the opisthosoma is wet. Sometimes the T will chew the molt up so maybe it was about to do that but decided not to and thats how the holes got there. Not really sure what the black spots could be.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I saw another user with the black spots a while back. I don't recall who, though. 😑

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I posted a thread pertaining to this myself. There has been no other explanations since. The wetness inside the exuvia is leftover moulting fluid and is perfectly normal. The two 'bite marks' are likely where the spinnerets came out.
You can find it here...

Last edited:

bluewidowprincess

Arachnopeon
I posted a thread pertaining to this myself. There has been no other explanations since. The wetness inside the exuvia is leftover moulting fluid and is perfectly normal. The two 'bite marks' are likely where the spinnerets came out.
You can find it here...
Thank you so much!!! I guess we have some special ladies on our hands lol
Did you do anything differently!? Has your spider been okay since?