Spood?

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
I've been keeping ts for a while now, but what in the <edit> is a spood?

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Its just a fun reference to spiders/tarantulas.Think kitten/kitty.A form of endearment,when talking about T,s.
Tonque-in -cheek.Lightharded reference.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I remember it was either my brother or some other kid that called them "biders" (biters).

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Wait till you get into the solpugids. Anyone in the west calls them and the night spiders, patient/customer repellant.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Wait till you get into the solpugids. Anyone in the west calls them and the night spiders, patient/customer repellant.
Out of curiosity, why would you refer to just the family Solpugidae and not all arachnids in the order Solifugae?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
snake - snek, danger noodle
Spider - Spooder, Spood

kids these days
and get off my lawn

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I feel like "spood" is just a stop on the path from being a hater to calling all of your inverts "specimens". It makes me cringe these days but I know it means that the people using it think they are cute, so that's okay.

As a serial word mutilator, I casually refer to them as "spode" or "spide" or "spid", but "spooder" is no longer tenable for me, personally.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Don’t know where the term came from, nor do I care since I don’t use it. I do however find the term annoying especially when it comes to questions regarding informational topics.